When do you begin pruning?

• Thread starter Criterion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Criterion

Just wondering when do you guys begin pruning. My plants don't seem to have a lot of space and I wanted to air out the space by cutting into the bottom branches. But do you guys always wait until the vegetative cycle ends, and you go to the blooming stages?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Just wondering when do you guys begin pruning. My plants don't seem to have a lot of space and I wanted to air out the space by cutting into the bottom branches. But do you guys always wait until the vegetative cycle ends, and you go to the blooming stages?
I do most my pruning in flower but if they're big pruning in vege in necessary

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

I do my pruning in veg to control growth one way or another, raise lights prune lower growth around the base and get some vertical thin growth

Fim and lower lights to get her to Bush out

I also do most defoliating a week or so before switching to flower.
I’ll groom the up to the last 6-8” of vegetation, just until I can start to really see penetration of light thru the canopy

Lower growth is trash anyhow, likely to just take up energy better used elsewhere or not get enough light to even do anything at all

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

I also don’t try to do very much trimming during flower, I want all the energy the plants has to go into building flowers and not trying to heal itself from unnecessary trimming that I should of done already.

Now that’s not saying you shouldn’t remove fans if you have to

Latest posts

Top Bottom