When do you guys start Lollipopping?

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

So I always thought Lollipopping was picking off the small buds at the bottom that arent getting enough light, until I heard that some like to do it in veg.

I just flipped mine last night and am wondering when I should start? And where do you trim when there arent any buds yet?

Nef420

Nef420

You shoulda done that before you flip em. I do that well only for my last two grows. But I do it before wile still in veg like a week before I flip my ladies. I've read that if you do it after you start to flower that it's bad and you slow your growth and might lead to less bud. Something like that. Lol I'm pretty fucking high. But you can google it and you'll see a lot of other peoples opinions and you can get an idea from it. That's what I did. But yeeeeeeaaaa......

Nef420

Nef420

And it's like the bottom 3rd of the plant or something like that. I just look at them and the smaller branches that look like their not growing as good or fast, I cut them. Not too high up the plant and it also helps with airflow at the bottom part of the plants

irishboiii

irishboiii

its not too late..you just want to avoid shocking the plant
use sharp scissors and dont cut it all in the same day

So maybe I should cut a few off each plant every couple of days? Like do it bit by bit instead of all at once to avoid stressing them too much?

Would now be a good time to do it since they are going to stretch during the flip, and if the lollipopping is going to stunt growth it may just stunt the stretch, which would be a good thing?

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Hey irish don't forget that if your gonna have fire on the plant your clipping you can always replant what your clipping too! No need to throw away viable material inho. But im a hillbilly dirtfarmer from the woods of Vermont what do I really know. lol not much I tell ya!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Haha, unfortunatly I dont have the space for clones right now but thanks for the idea man. How much bud could you expect from flowering a clipping straight away?

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

I don't know that you could just clip and flower my man. I think they require a transition time to set a new root growth and start flourishing but a genetic twin of the mother plant, especially if the mother is sexy is a must do in my house.

M

motz

I don't know that you could just clip and flower my man. I think they require a transition time to set a new root growth and start flourishing but a genetic twin of the mother plant, especially if the mother is sexy is a must do in my house.
Just got thru in the same situation. Had a male in there with the girls while gone.Totally wrecked 2 girls. Tried to clone them but it is tougher than all get out to get those to take hold. But was successful on 2 out of 10,with usually 100% in cloning.Old school,heat,dome, yadda yadda yadda. I believe it depends on genetic makeup of what you're trying to clone and how far long into flowering.How woody they are.

Top Bottom