When do you start your bloom nutes?

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Hey guys im just wondering when everyone starts feeding their plants bloom nutes?

Do you do it when you first notice buds?
When you flip them to 12/12?
A couple weeks into flower?

Also what type of nutes are you doing when you do this? Organics? Or chemical?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share!

Choppr

Choppr

@Deadstill is correct, you need the Nitrogen thru stretch - many, many growers see them early preflowers at the beginning of Stretch and think its in "Bloom Phase", Stretch is in fact the last big burst of energy of the "Veg Phase", I heavy dose with Veg Ferts just prior to the Stretch usually around 190ppms Total Nitrogen, and Ill stay fixed at that ppm till about wk 6 of flower, and then Ill drop into the 130 ppms. I do raise P/K thru this Phase simultaneously. You know you (fucked up) and your N deficient when after stretch all your leaves turn Yellow!! lol

socks4free

socks4free

@Deadstill is correct, you need the Nitrogen thru stretch - many, many growers see them early preflowers at the beginning of Stretch and think its in "Bloom Phase", Stretch is in fact the last big burst of energy of the "Veg Phase", I heavy dose with Veg Ferts just prior to the Stretch usually around 190ppms Total Nitrogen, and Ill stay fixed at that ppm till about wk 6 of flower, and then Ill drop into the 130 ppms. I do raise P/K thru this Phase simultaneously. You know you (fucked up) and your N deficient when after stretch all your leaves turn Yellow!! lol

The nutes I've been using also say to continue the grow nutes for a couple weeks into flower on top of the bloom nutes. Makes sense they need the N for. The stretch period.

Choppr

Choppr

Also what type of nutes are you doing when you do this? Organics? Or chemical?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share!
I'm in Coco/Hydro and use MegaCrop 2 Part - their Website Feeding Calculator I know exactly what I'm putting in each mix in elemental ppms, total control freak, after many years I'm dialed in...this is what a mix will look like (pic)
I add in MOAB 0-32-52 wk 2 F and wk 5 F

Screenshot 2023 07 28 181121

Nuggz23

Nuggz23

I will feed at flip . Regular feed for veg. Second week after flip I back off nitrogen slightly while upping pk. 3 week after flip straight to flowering nutes .

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

my grow to bloom ratios basically go from 3 -1 in veg to 1 -1 for preflower/stretch then 1 -3 flower start week 3
as I increase bloom booster through later stages of flower that naturally dilutes my nitrogen concentration coz the PK takes a bigger slice of my EC pie
Thats pretty standard I guess ive never really tinkered with it much

Last edited:
Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i repot before flower, so the plant has all the nutrients it needs for the first 3 week. heres a sfv x purps reveg at around week 4 flower.
Sfvxp reveg

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
When I do my “flip” top dress with Gaia I do a 50/50 mix of the veg/bloom neuts about 2 weeks before flower at their last up pot, then about 2 weeks into flower they’ll get their full “flower” top dress

Top Bottom