When exactly is it dry and ready to trim and cure?

• Thread starter dutchroot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dutchroot

My harvest is on day 9 of drying. Temp has averaged 75F and humidity 58.55%

I've been checking the small stems daily, but they are still bending. Squeezing a bud sounds a little crispy.

Is it trim and jar time, or should I seriously be waiting until the small stems snap?

Some photos attached

Thanks!

When exactly is it dry and ready to trim and cure
When exactly is it dry and ready to trim and cure 2
When exactly is it dry and ready to trim and cure 3
When exactly is it dry and ready to trim and cure 4
SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

My harvest is on day 9 of drying. Temp has averaged 75F and humidity 58.55%

I've been checking the small stems daily, but they are still bending. Squeezing a bud sounds a little crispy.

Is it trim and jar time, or should I seriously be waiting until the small stems snap?

Some photos attached

Thanks!
I try and let them dry until upper flower branches snap. Then "carefully" and hopefully there are no 2 branches touching, I remove each cluster without disturbing the trichs(smashing or knocking off) I start trimming when the stem is still pliable. destemming, I stick what I will trim in the frig in a large stainless steel bowl. and let it get very cold and the unsugared leaf will get brittle and are easy to remove and helps keep the flowers separated.
That's how I get started.
You can go ahead and start trimming it and cutting it off the stem. You are in the end of the "drying" phase, not "curing" phrase. After your flowers are roughly trimmed(non sugared material) off and checked for any mold whatsoever.(it will continue growing and spreading) you will need to put it in a container like a small plastic tote for the flower only. 1/2 to no more than 3/4 full loose buds, no compaction of any kind. Every couple hrs in the beginning, open the lid and allow air exchange for a minute or so, and note the humidity from outside air will replace the poisoned air inside.
So watch your outside humidity each time you "burp" the container, it could add moisture. This is called "homogenizing."
And don't fuck with the flowers, you bruise and smash the trichomes onto the remaining leaf matter. You're almost done. lol

Last edited:
quirk

quirk

Pull one of the small stems. If it comes off stringy hurry up and wait, check again in 48.

Top Bottom