When is it to Late to transplant ?

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Just wanted some input on when most think it's to late to transplant. We have a Durban poison that was really an after thought and she is Blowing us away in her bud production and overall structure. She was left in a 2 gallon plastic pot and was considering moving her to a 5 gallon smart, She has a good 30-40 days left and wanted to see what others thought about moving her this late in the game.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yeah, think you missed the boat on that one. Some more experienced growers can probably give you a pretty specific timeframe, but I can tell you that I used to grow in 2-gal smartpots and always had roots busting out the side. This grow I kept them in cups too long and tried transplanting to 3 gals about 1 wk before flip. I'm 3 wks from harvest and can't see any roots. They're doing well, but obviously needed more time for optimal root development. I think transplanting for you at this point would only potentially induce shock and reduce oxygen uptake in the root zone. Media would also be more easily be waterlogged or over saturated. JMO

phenotyper

phenotyper

That's hard to say. You could try it, but it might shock the plant. I would say if you are going to do it, transplant it when it is nearly bone dry, insert it into a new pot with a really light mix, like light warrior or FFOF cut with a lot of perlite. If you hit the DP with a bunch of seaweed and some b vitamins, some hygrozyme, and some roots excel/rapid start, you may have something going. Basically you want to prevent shock, get rid of the dead roots, and promote rapid root growth. Otherwise, just wait until next time and consider it a lesson learned. 40 days is a lot of time, and it may just push off the harvest a bit. However, she will grow a ton in 40 days, so you better have the stretch accounted for --- it will probably keep growing nearly until it finishes. The *worst* thing that could happen is that it could freak the hell out, and it could ruin the plant. Sativas are finicky as hell sometimes. Whereas I literally ripped a rooted clone in flower, replanted it, and it recovered in about a week. YMMV.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I say if the roots are restricted the the bud yield will be too I think, so 40 days left is a long time almost 3/4 flower time, so I say do the Xplant and enjoy the bigger yield.

cannabeans

cannabeans

transplant....but

be very gentle... you dont want to be busting up those roots at this stage in the game.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Looked at the calendar and my days are off they are at 55 Days now. Pheno I may just take it as lesson learned, But good I have 3 cuts of her that are on point. It was bag seed out a 1/2 lb of DP but I swear this lady looks like a Indica, large fat leaves, The largest of them all. Will be updating diary with pictures in a few

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dont transplant now - just ride it out

youd like to do it no later then a week before flowering typically

I love the durban - hope you enjoy her

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motherlode again.
:smiley_joint:
Smokin some Durban right now. It's Righteous!

Top Bottom