When Is Wlcc Gonna Open Up Licensing Again?

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Let's pretend I'm talking about soybeans. The price is high, lots of new markets opening up, lots of new soy products in demand....the current market of legal soybeans suck and the govment' ain't issuing any new licenses to grow. What's a farmer to do? Is the guvment' now in the business of protecting the existing licensed soybean market from other potential farmers? Now substitute any crop and it becomes that much more ridiculous..... I really want to make wine but the state isn't issuing any more winemakers permits! WTF is going on here?

Coir

Coir

I wouldn't count on seeing the licensing open up for a very, very long time if ever again. There are still around 2000 applicants that have yet to do anything with their applications other than try and sell them at ridiculous prices. Unfortunately, the WSLCB didn't count on the fact that most of the people only applied with the thought of retirement from the sale of their application rather than intending to actually use it. It would be nice if they issued a deadline to use it or lose it and then reopen the process to those that actually want to grow.
I have been told by one of the WSLCB case workers that their intention is to offer more square footage of canopy to growers who are up and running rather than offer more licenses. Whether or not this is true, it's hard to say but she seemed to be pretty confident that is what would happen.

zeke

zeke

Wow, a state sanctioned monopoly on cannabis. That should be really great for the customers. I'm sure a state sanctioned monopoly on wine would taste really great.....hmm. I'm smelling a lawsuit....

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

NEVER! Nah, no lawsuits. Washingtonians are way too pussy for that. Not only is it a monopoly, but they are intentionally killing medical pretty much the same way they did in Colorado. Now I gotta fucking move back to Cali, hence, my anger and rage. Cannabis artisans are officially luddites in this world.

One Flip

One Flip

They are actually giving deadlines to some producer / processors. In the past it was only to retail licenses. I Agree with Coir. I believe it will be some time before they open up the licensing. They already have a glut of product that they are trying to push through the stores. I heard some prices as low as 3.50 a gram. I'm sure this will change a bit as they move through all the outdoor bullshit. But the amount of tax they collect I am sure your going to see a lot of turn key 502 producer operations for sale. People jumping in thinking its a gold rush.. Just woke up to its a 25 dollar an hour job. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom