When should a grower go HPS?

• Thread starter 4HydrogenAtoms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

So I've had my 2-seedlings for Two-weeks now, under a 26W-CFL/1750 Lumens output ("Natural Light" was my selective light spectrum). What signs are the best to know when to convert to HPS. Or how many weeks does one tend to convert. **One seedling is Auto - The Other is a regular indoor/outdoor growth.

S

sfzoo

You can start em now, just keep the light high.
Or you can wait a few weeks. If you're light penetration is sufficient for the size of the plant, you'll be better served waiting until they need the extra light. You'll save on electricity.

TortureKill

TortureKill

You can veg the entire time under CFL, but be aware you will have considerably lower growth rates as you would under an HID bulb. Thought I would also state Ive recently been hearing a lot of good things about flowering under MH's vs HPS. The ultimate flowering room would be a mixed spectrum, (MH & HPS) Considering one plant is an auto, and there is only one other plant, a lower wattage (90w HPS) may be sufficient. I dont know how long you plan to veg the other plant, or how large you want to grow it, but just thought Id throw that out there. Good luck.. What are you growing?

hiboy

hiboy

Your want to switch to MH not HPS lamps.
I normally wait till they are 10" more or less
h

4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

Thnx guys, information was much appreciated.
By the way I was under the impression that (MH) and (HPS) were the same. But finding myself at my local hardware store I was found wrong. Lol, but I did choose a (MH) light 200watts 3880 lumen output.

Torture: My auto is a Seed that I've had for about 2mo/ now. Suppose to be some type of kush my friend got from barney's farm. So Im like a Lil kid waiting for x-mas. & the other is Pineapple chunk.

ALSO! I'm confused about the length of the veg. State. Do you force the flowering state when you see buds or is this started prior to the bud producing? I'm aware that the auto does this by itself.

Top Bottom