When should I be defoliating and lolipopping my plants?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Happy Sunday!

Hope yall are doing great! Just wanted to know when I should be lolipopping and defoliating my plants. I am finishing Week 4 today and was going to put my trellis up tomorrow. I plan on flipping to flower in a week. Am I good with my time schedule? Also is my height good? I dont want them to stretch too much in flower. They are just over a foot right now.

I also have a broken branch I am waiting to heal. Dont know if that comes into play with anything. The plant seems to be healing itself. The leaves still have moistiure in them although the most bottom ones tips are starting to dry. Will this heal back or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for all the help and support!
When should i be defoliating and lolipopping my plants 2
When should i be defoliating and lolipopping my plants

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You can clean up a bit of the foliage. So it grows another week or two. Once you flip it to flower then lollipop it and take off the bottom branches and foliage.

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

You can clean up a bit of the foliage. So it grows another week or two. Once you flip it to flower then lollipop it and take off the bottom branches and foliage.
Ok so I want to wait until I flip to remove any branches and lollipop? The major defoilation happens after? I see some people do it before some after so I get confused. Is there a difference?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

If you remove small amounts of fan leaves during veg without shocking the plant the lower branches will grow and be worth keeping in flower. But as long as it's veg it will continue to just grow. Once you flip it then it will grow and then stop and start steadily producing buds. During the time it grows in flower is when you want to shape how your plant produces the buds. Once you hit week 3. Day 21 through 28. You want to be finished so the last 5 to 8 weeks are pure growth to buds.

A little run down to get quality. Genetic. Environment and feed still play a factor.

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

If you remove small amounts of fan leaves during veg without shocking the plant the lower branches will grow and be worth keeping in flower. But as long as it's veg it will continue to just grow. Once you flip it then it will grow and then stop and start steadily producing buds. During the time it grows in flower is when you want to shape how your plant produces the buds. Once you hit week 3. Day 21 through 28. You want to be finished so the last 5 to 8 weeks are pure growth to buds.

A little run down to get quality. Genetic. Environment and feed still play a factor.

Ok sweet. I have my environment and feed pretty dialed so far. I am just worried about overgrowth. As long as I keep topping and keeping them short I shouldnt worry about an extended veg? If anything would that be better for bigger buds?

I was considering going another week or 2 just to make sure I have a large root mass to support larger buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom