When should I change the light cycle

• Thread starter Cufzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cufzz

I planted this 40 days ago and It’s been getting 6 hours of dark a day when do I need to change it
When should i change the light cycle

AmiT

AmiT

It depends on the final height you want. If you do not plan having a monster, you should switch now. I'd say.
It looks a bit yellow, maybe you should change your soil or adjust your nutrients for obtaining a darker green.
Have a good grow! 😋

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Depends on how big you want it. Is 40 days from the day you planted the seed in the ground?

C

Cufzz

It depends on the final height you want. If you do not plan having a monster, you should switch now. I'd say.
It looks a bit yellow, maybe you should change your soil or adjust your nutrients for obtaining a darker green.
Have a good grow! 😋
Yh it’s the only soil I can get hold of right now and I can’t really switch right now cause my other 2 are pretty small

D54891F7 265D 4DBB B4B5 1358A3F77F62
9E0D5CAF D7B1 4A39 BCC7 D2D6C57F5836
C

Cufzz

Have a good grow! 😋
And I only have 1 light at the moment

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Are you supplementing the soil with any nutrients either liquid or powder? The plant in the picture looks like it's not getting enough nitrogen although cameras can play tricks on color and new growth can sometimes take on a lighter green color and darken up when they mature.

What kind of soil are you using? When do you water? Do you check for PH or PPM of whatever you're watering it with if you are supplementing?

I assume you plan on growing all 3 plants? Do you know what cultivar you have or are they mystery seeds? Are they autoflowering, femenized or photoperiod seeds?

What kind of light do you have?

C

Cufzz

Are you supplementing the soil with any nutrients either liquid or powder? The plant in the picture looks like it's not getting enough nitrogen although cameras can play tricks on color and new growth can sometimes take on a lighter green color and darken up when they mature.

What kind of soil are you using? When do you water? Do you check for PH or PPM of whatever you're watering it with if you are supplementing?

I assume you plan on growing all 3 plants? Do you know what cultivar you have or are they mystery seeds? Are they autoflowering, femenized or photoperiod seeds?

What kind of light do you have?
Yes I’m giving them liquid nutrients I’m not sure what soil it is but it’s the only soil I could get at the moment I water like every 4 days I give them liquid nutrients every second water I’m not sure what seeds they are the light is FECiDA 600W LED Grow Light

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yes I’m giving them liquid nutrients I’m not sure what soil it is but it’s the only soil I could get at the moment I water like every 4 days I give them liquid nutrients every second water I’m not sure what seeds they are the light is FECiDA 600W LED Grow Light
What brand of nutrients are you giving them? Can you post a picture of the bottle with the NPK rating showing?

The way you want to know when to water is right before you water pick up the pot and note the weight. Whenever the pot is light it means it's time to water. The 4 or 5 day interval you're using now is probably fine but I would use the light pot method so that you don't over or under water the plants. These plants don't like to sit in water. They prefer a drier media.

The light you have now should be good for the seedlings but if you plan on flowering all three plants at the same time I'm not sure your light will be sufficient. For now it's fine but you may want to start thinking about adding another light. I checked the specs of your light and they max out at 65watts. If that's all you can afford then you can work with it but your yield will be less.

C

Cufzz

What brand of nutrients are you giving them? Can you post a picture of the bottle with the NPK rating showing?

The way you want to know when to water is right before you water pick up the pot and note the weight. Whenever the pot is light it means it's time to water. The 4 or 5 day interval you're using now is probably fine but I would use the light pot method so that you don't over or under water the plants. These plants don't like to sit in water. They prefer a drier media.

The light you have now should be good for the seedlings but if you plan on flowering all three plants at the same time I'm not sure your light will be sufficient. For now it's fine but you may want to start thinking about adding another light. I checked the specs of your light and they max out at 65watts. If that's all you can afford then you can work with it but your yield will be less.
tripart 5-0-1 micro tripartite 3-1-6 grow tripartite 0-5-4 bloom and 4-0-0 cal mag amino

AmiT

AmiT

It looks exactly like a garden soil, it reacts differently as it surely contains multiple things undefined.
Should change this as a priority. I'd say nutrients won't work as it suppose to, and as it is not an enriched and homogenized soil, its pretty hard to control watering and else. They look healthy for now, there's a risk that its going to change when they'll need power for the flowers.

E

Edinburg

It depends on how long you want to keep in veg, I would wait till it's 4 months old as that is the average grow season we're I live, but you can grow it as long and large as you like.

TSD

TSD

It looks exactly like a garden soil, it reacts differently as it surely contains multiple things undefined.
Should change this as a priority. I'd say nutrients won't work as it suppose to, and as it is not an enriched and homogenized soil, its pretty hard to control watering and else. They look healthy for now, there's a risk that its going to change when they'll need power for the flowers.
Also looks dense, no drainage, need perlite or something mixed in there. Roots need oxygen to work properly and very dense soil makes it harder to come by for them.

rasterman

rasterman

Also looks dense, no drainage, need perlite or something mixed in there. Roots need oxygen to work properly and very dense soil makes it harder to come by for them.
It's definitely difficult to grow without adequate drainage.

sambapati

sambapati

Truer words never spoken...perlite, vermiculite and biochar would all help. Rice husks toasted make excellent silica add for this stage. Doesnt matter about where the seeds originated -- you are getting experience that will serve you well. Good luck.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I planted this 40 days ago and It’s been getting 6 hours of dark a day when do I need to change itView attachment 1334932
I'm going to say you have around 3 to 4 weeks before you can think about flipping them. You said you have 40 days from the day you dropped seed to soil. I'm going to assume that it took a couple of weeks before your seed broke soil line? That would mean the plants in the pictures have around 2 weeks of growth on them. The bigger one looks like you may have started her earlier than the others.

Top Bottom