when should I foliar feed my girls

• Thread starter shift00420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shift00420

Actually how many times a week should i feed my girls foliar style??? I've been hitting them twice a week & they seem to love it....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That sounds about right to me. You don't want to do it too often, you do want most of their nutrition to come from roots, because that's how they'll grow leaves and buds.

S

shift00420

They drink about 2 gallons a week now. I just started foliar feeding a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was something i might be missing out on ya know.... I also hear from the owners of the local grow shop that foliar feeding with a kelp extract during the first 2 weeks of flower will keep plants from stretching & keep tighter internode spacing. They say its all that bud igniter is.... Any thoughts????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't speak to what they assert. Could be true, could be BS. I try not to overdo kelp/seaweed extracts because of the hormones in them, it's easy to screw things up otherwise. So, if you do, just use at low levels.
Hmmm this triggered a thought! What about folior spray to help root bound plants in small pots to keep growth exploding till transplant can happen.
It's a good way to keep them going, yes.

3oShivaRider

Actually how many times a week should i feed my girls foliar style??? I've been hitting them twice a week & they seem to love it....

I foliar feed when I have pests. If you can, you'd always rather transplant than foliar feed. I wouldn't substitute one for the other. Frankly, I only see a need to foliar feed when I've got shit on the leaves that I don't want there anymore (BUGS).

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Foliar feeding is an especially good idea to correct nutrient deficiencies, especially Ca- and Mg- as well as get rid of bugs. As far as supplementing feed for no reason other than to boost it...couldn't tell you for certain. I do it because I've read in botany related threads and pot threads that roots start to die off or at least slow their role a bit in nutrient uptake during flower, especially late flower, and that foliar feeding often does exactly what you yourself said you've seen in your room...happier plants than without, or that boost so-to-speak. But others, will tell you never spray a thing on your plant once it's in flower. So I guess it's your call lol. Go with what your eyes tell you. If they seem happier without any negative effects, keep doing it. If it starts to become detrimental, back off a bit until you find a happy medium. Personally, I've foliar fed low doses of different things multiple times a day, everyday and never hurt my plant...though I'm not sure how much it helped either (no trials or side-to-sides done).

Top Bottom