When should I transplant from my solo cup into a 1 gallon?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey guys, I got a sweet tooth coming up on 2 weeks in a solo cup right now...about 3-4 inches tall and I wanted to know if I should transplant her before the roots start circulating around the inside of the cup or if I should just leave her in their for a while.

Thanks for the help!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Up To You

Getting root bound will cause some plants to flower, so I'd transplant that girl in a week or so. Without seeing the plant its hard to say, but a 4" plant shouldn't be close to being root bound. Its hard to transplant to soon, but you can definitely wait too long to transplant. Most weeds being rootbound will slow growth, if you are concerned the plant can easily be lifted out of the cup to observe the root zone. Happy growing

mal

G

GrimloxK

mal thanks for that...I'll try and upload a pic later but I understand your logic. So far the main stem is pretty secure which tells me the roots are sinking in there pretty tight.

I'm probably gonna give her until early to mid next week and transplant that girl. Sprinkle some BioAg Vam-endo mix and hopefully she takes off pretty well in her new home until moving her to a 3 gallon smart pot in flowering.

I'll take any other advice you or any others have to offer...this is only my 2nd grow but i'm trying to rack up experience.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I usually transplant from a cup when I see some roots poking out the drain holes at the bottom of the cup.. I've left them in cups 4 up to 3 weeks with no problums.. Also I go on there feeding habits when small the dry out in 3-4 days when there ready 2 come out the cups the dry in 1 day.. At least mine do.. But that would also depend on ur inviroment to.. But if they eat alot then they got lots of roots & they need a bigger home

j wizzle

j wizzle

i have a couple that are doing fine vegging for like 6-8 weeks under t5s and they are a good 18" tall....i wouldnt recomend it to anyone, but you will be fine holding off for another week for sure. they have certainly slowed down, but these are just some left overs i plan on tossing anyways.

i think that as long as you are in veg, you can correct any mistakes made. flowering is when you need to be on point.

G

GrimloxK

Here are some pics buds.

I'm noticing small white tips at the bottom of my cup...idk if these are roots though...someone school me.

IMG 6620
IMG 6621
IMG 6623
IMG 6624
S

sfzoo

^those are def roots.

i think you can wait a couple weeks. you wanna get them established so that when you xplant the root system is well developed. Then they'll explode into their new digs!

G

GrimloxK

I really didn't expect the root system to reach the bottom that quickly. Wayyy dif. from my 1st grow of Red Dragon.

I think that by letting them dry out a bit between feedings is what's getting the roots going.

I think i'll let them situate for another week. Good thing I laced the bottom with a small bit of Azomite in case it needs it.

Top Bottom