When should you top?

• Thread starter grh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

driftset

Do it young!

when growing from seed, a lot of people top right above the second leaf set after the third set has formed. This gives you four main colas instead of one.

I myself use clones, so I wait till theres at least 6 growth points/ branches. Then top and leave 4 branches. This produces a similar effect as what I said of the seeds.

I've topped later but i've always gotten a lot of small buds (great for scrog). I don't do scrog so i like growing those 4 branches into nice big colas :)

Here's a pic of the clones befor topping and the other pics 5 days after the top. the 4 branches left over get nice and big and space between nodes gets real tight.

hope that helps

http://i1177.invalid.com/albums/x350/driftset32/IMG_03111.gif

http://i1177.invalid.com/albums/x350/driftset32/IMG_0340.jpg

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i just topped a whole cloners worth of cuts as they were going into their first transplant. they were really big and healthy cuts.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Some plants shouldn't be topped at all, depends on the plant and your growing style... obviously if you are doing a scrog you should top, and train, if you are growing tress, maybe not......

G

grh

Thanks driftset, that was super helpful! I just finished the second trasplant, so I think I am way too far along for this round.
Nice Chocolope!

O

ogk1ng

i would top 4th, 5th noid on a clone. you wanna get a bush early so you have alot of tops.

half baked

half baked

it all depends on what your lookin to get from your plant, atm ive got a 1x1m tent and top all 16 of my plants to create 4 tops per plant(64 tops in total) im also just finishing off my other room and i am lookin at 9 tops per plant
first pic is a 9 header

second is 4 main tops
Quadgrowth

1 thing ive noticed with topping is if you do it and nodes start to grow from these nodes they take up lots of space without yeilding as much, what im tryin to say is top when you have to but try to make sure each top grows from the main stem not a node from a node, hope this help a lil bro

peace hb

budboy299

budboy299

Holy cow...you can farm chicks?

To think of all my youth spent in bars and chasing the gals around when I could of simply been growing my own! :evilgrin0040:

JPLord01

JPLord01

What is your setup like photos if you can then we can go from there.

S

SeekOne

Holy cow...you can farm chicks?

To think of all my youth spent in bars and chasing the gals around when I could of simply been growing my own! :evilgrin0040:

LMAO!! That's funny, I don't care who you are.... That's funny.

Top Bottom