when to add nutes?

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

hey folks..first hydro run..got a very small 2 pot dwc tp startbwoth cuz it was dirt cheap and figuted id give it a whirl lol..so my seedlings taproot poped out and grew an inch outa the bottom while in a dish..about 1.5 inch tall with second set of true leaves comin out and put them in the net pots and clay pellets and ph5.7 RO water..should i have added nutes in off the start? usuLly dont add nutes in soil till week 2..any input?

When to add nutes
When to add nutes 2
F

FooDoo

Feed right from the start at low ppm. Something like 300 TDS.

DWC is literally NOTHING like soil

north knect

north knect

when i was doing dwc i would feed a week to 2 weeks after some decent root growth.start with 1/4 to 1/2 nutes.they will grow fast in dwc so keep an e

ye out to see if she's hungry.good luck

o, post: 1310906, member: 63220"]Feed right from the start at low ppm. Something like 300 TDS.

DWC is literally NOTHING like soil[/quote]
yes i totallty realise dwc is nothing like soil fo

north knect

north knect

yes i totally realize dwc is compketly diff from soil but it is the same plant..does the seed not contain enough food for the first 2-3 weeks of its life?..a week or soo after i c the roots ohta my net pots seems good to me..and @FooDoo u said 300TDS..im not as up to date on my terms as i should b aparently lol..wat measurment is TDS?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

total dissolved solids

in dwc your going to want nutrients in your water all the time, even with seeds

north knect

north knect

thanks guys..il b puttin nutes at 1/4 strength tonight then..im plannin on mainlining my 2 northernlights iv got goin npw..anybody have luck with that strain mainlining?

north knect

north knect

hey farmers..so i gave the seedling quarter strength nutes 2 days ago and they doubled in size since but the new growth seems pretty yellow almost..should i just add a lill source of N or u think they could go half strenth on all nutes instead of quarter?

IMG 20140826 174243
IMG 20140826 174256
F

FooDoo

What nutes you using and whats the measurement at full strentgh in ml per gallon

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yep 300-400 ppm from the rip. I was staying around 500-600 in mid to late veg with amazing results. You don't need to be pumping out any more than that. Early flower 600-700 mid to late 600-1000 depending on strain. If your leaves are yellowing you need to give em more, if they have tip burn or "the claw" you need to flush for day or two with low ppm 200-300 and then adjust accordingly. I flush Half strength nutes one day every 7-10 days. Good luck! What nutes u runnin? Suggestions:
1st: Veg+Bloom by hydroponic research
2nd: Mills

Top Bottom