When to change out LED light ?

• Thread starter Leeboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leeboy

Leeboy

I have a 4 year old HLG 550 in a 4x4 that was on 24/7 for autos , now the last year has just been a 12/12 light. No diodes or lights are dead yet and still functions properly . Is there a rule of thumb when to toss them ? If it’s time to upgrade , I’d want one that has the CSA sticker on it . Thanks ✊🏽

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
You can look up the ratings of your lights lifespan.... allegedly my lights are rated for about 40k to 50k hours run time....

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

The warranty on the RSpec is 3 years and you should expect to receive constant and consistent light output for years after that. LED's have shown to have life expectancies from anywhere between 50,000 to 100,000 hours. A typical HPS puts out optimal light for 3,000 to 4,000 hours on average.
So i think 5 to 8 years run 24 hours what google says

Leeboy

Leeboy

Thanks for the advice gang, I’ll let her keep blasting

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I suspect there's a good chance an LED light will obsolesce before it fails. I just replaced an LED light only because I wanted to try a different light. So, now I have two lights in boxes. I tell myself it's nice to have spares, and it probably is, even though they are also slowly becoming obsolete.

I replaced a ViparSpectra XS2000 with an AC Infinity T22 in a 2x2 tent. The plant under the T22 is still in veg, but so far, I like the light a lot. If I still like it after harvest, I may replace the light in my 2x4 tent.

Top Bottom