when to chop?

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
audius

audius

ok fellow farmers,,my gals are into week 8 & looking sweet,hairs are turning red,& trichs are a milky white,ive been flushing my whitewidows for a week now but im not seeing any yellowing in the leaves. do my gals need more time?,,sorry i dont have any pics ,for some reason i cant get them emailed to here.( probbly to much sampling ,lol)so if any fellow farmers have grown this strain & im sure theres a ton that have ,,got some time frames or tips for em? this is my second grow & im tring to learn..thanks farmers :fighting0040:

Z

zagsthebutch

hey i think it really depends on where you got your strain from ive grown 1 white widow plant that i got from a clone that was ready at 8 weeks probably would have been better at 9 but i think some strains of the widow are sativa dominate and some are Indica hope that helped out some what.... also just check your trichomes that is the best indicater wether you want to chop or not

j wizzle

j wizzle

i know people growing that strain who claim its best & ready at day 60. everytime, day 60. but your garden and their gardens may have diferent conditions. i think the hairs should be red, twisting and going back into the buds. trichs arent the only thing to look at, you should judge the plant as a whole and not by individual parts. i say flush for another week and chop it down. cant hurt going that extra week IMHO

audius

audius

ya when i got my gals ,they were clones. my first batch went 8 weeks but i got some root rot going on so i choped them plus i was using 4 t14 gal tubs with airstones,,well now i got 3 1/2 gal bucketswith a top feed going on,,love it by the way,,. the buds are filing out nice but theres still alot all white,i live in the mid west & my room stays around 80 all day & 60 at night,,humitdy is around 60 to 80%. there under a 600 watt hps,& im also using co2 boost,,,but ya im gonna let em go another week ..wish i knew why my server wont let me download my pics,,that would tell a better story than i can

H

HEAVY-T

She'll let ya know when shes done. I have never had an 8 week strain come down at any less than 10, no experience with the widow but I'd love to cut that extra time.

N

Night

I agree with J that you should judge the plant as a whole, although trichs are more of a personal preference. How was the smoke last batch? Do you recall the colors/look last time? Maybe it will help give you some perspective on what you feel you want this round. J is right tho, another week flushing won't hurt. The week will give you a cleaner product and those trichs can develop to whatever sweetspot you want them. That's not to say that you can't chop em now either...

H

HEAVY-T

[URL=http://img716.invalid.com/i/img0447i.jpg/][IMG]http://img716.invalid.com/img716/4668/img0447i.jpg[/URL][/IMG]Heres a BC PK that I let go fourteen weeks and man the reek'll burn the eyes clean outta your head! Miles ahead of the ones I took down at 12, not sure if its the strain or perhaps my feeding techniques??

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It's not ready yet. If you give it a couple more weeks it will pay off big time. It's been this long. May as well go until it's ready.

j wizzle

j wizzle

you have a minimum of 2 weeks on that. those hairs are sticking out way too much to even think about starting the flush IMO. the pic that heavy-t posted is what the hairs should look like. there shouldnt be any white hairs. they should all turn a dark red/orange and start to recess back into the buds. i normally start my flush once all hairs turn red and are just barely starting to go into the buds. then a good 7-14 day flush will allow you to get the trichs right and will allow the flavor to come out.

what nutes are you running?

audius

audius

im using gh,3 part, cal mag,liquid karma,& hygrozyme,,dammit shulda waited 2 more weeks,but thats kool,i havent choped anything,& im keeping track of the looong drawn out weeks that go by..that pick that heavy t posted is what im looking for,,holy cow,,=)

J

jordisgarden

ok fellow farmers,,my gals are into week 8 & looking sweet,hairs are turning red,& trichs are a milky white,ive been flushing my whitewidows for a week now but im not seeing any yellowing in the leaves. do my gals need more time?,, :fighting0040:

WTF i am growing 4 of nirvanas white widow and they are on day 36 and yellowing in the lower fans already..the fans halfway up are starting to change color. maybe i need to add some guano around the stem or something.
to anyone in the know is 36 days too early to yellow? it must be if he doesnt have any at 8 weeks with 2 flushes.
i have a nl plant that id swear got greener after the initial flush

j wizzle

j wizzle

audius, i got your PM but cant reply cuz i dont have enough posts yet. i run lucas modified formula with liquid & powder kool bloom and botanicare calmag+

post up pics and lets see if we can help you out jordis garden. i think 36 days with yellowing, something isnt right. maybe lack of N, nute burn, light burn. just post up pics and it will be easier to help you. also the system youre growing in would be helpful

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

ok fellow farmers,,my gals are into week 8 & looking sweet,hairs are turning red,& trichs are a milky white,ive been flushing my whitewidows for a week now but im not seeing any yellowing in the leaves. do my gals need more time?,,sorry i dont have any pics ,for some reason i cant get them emailed to here.( probbly to much sampling ,lol)so if any fellow farmers have grown this strain & im sure theres a ton that have ,,got some time frames or tips for em? this is my second grow & im tring to learn..thanks farmers :fighting0040:

Hello my friend..ive grow some WW..and no worries on the leafs not yellowing yet..week 9 ..which in another week 4u..they will start to turn amber this is where I would like to take mine..but can go another week after..So to make this story short..lol.depends what you want..I say keep flushing for another week..sampl low..get high..Congrats my friend..hopw to hear a smoke report later..until then take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

audius

audius

ya jord. somethings not right,you shouldnt have any yellowing at all at your stage.i dont grow in dirt,so i wouldnt know how to troubel spot but in hydro if i see yellow i allyaws ck the ph first.then go from there..

J

jordisgarden

my widows are at day 37 and starting to yellow. should i be adding some n to them or is it way too late at 37 days flower.?
mine are just a little less yellow than this mass ss x violator at day 46
actually the yellowing hasnt passed the 3rd set of fans yet. is this too early?

Jordinator 1
Jordinator 2
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Check out the link to my Bubbleberry Cross and Spacedawg I posted. It was right before the chop. That Spacedawg had no yellowing until day 55 or so then the fading started. I decided to flush from this point. 12 more days and it was ripe and yellowing like the pict. Same with the bubbleberrry. Check it out....

here are some more of the same spacedawg plant.

Hey Jordi, It's too early for yellowing. I would like to see some close up's and stuff but it looks like your nitro is running out in about three weeks or so. I think it's too late for castings at this point. I would use a light foliar feeding to get that nitrogen directly to leaf. Helps faster then adding to the medium and will used and gone in no time really so you wont have to try and flush out casting that you paid $$$ for. Depends on how long you go with em too. I use Organa Guano add 2-0-0. Add it to my feed around 20 days in flowering and it helps keep up.

I also use the bio-bizz line and they say use grow all the way through so it's adding nitrogen as well. Root Juice and Cal/Mag also providing some nitrogen...so they eat that shit up quickly during that explosion of growth to takes place. So more has to be added to continue with healthy growth. Before, I would have that same thing around week 4 or 5 every time. Tons of ways to go here but look for a foliar spray that provides instantly available nitrogen and foliar. If not just wait till nest time and add them castings or something.

Top Bottom