when to chuck pollen?

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

hey, what's up farmers? I want to find out what week is best to start chucking pollen at these ladies I have lined up. I collected some cherry dream sacks to toss at these awesome cherry kush's. when do u think is the best time?

thnx.
icp

T

tattoojim

the sooner you pollenate insures mature seeds at harvest. i recomend a artist brush to paint the bud sites. not a lot of excess pollen floating around with the brush.

GhostFace

GhostFace

i have done many of tests and the best time is between weeks 3-5 of flower, you always want to wait a bit and get some good growth out of the females and get some good solid pistal growth first..then chuck pollen. i get more mature seeds and a better turn out when chucken at weeks 3-4-5 then i do when i chuck pollen at weeks 1-2-3-4-5..seems the more well developed the plant the better and faster seeds bulk up and mature. more pistals..more vigorous..more seeds_ good luck

K

KillMachineKill

I also think that week 3-5 is the best (depending on how quickly your strain is flowering), at least thats what works for me...

C

classic breedz

Depends on the strain, once they start throwing lots of pistils is when i do. To early and you won't get as many seeds. Normally about weeks 3-5 do best. ~classic

C

CannaKings

Yes, you must wait until you have a large pistil head (maximum pistils), but before bud production. Think of the natural timing of a male flowering, it is dropping the most pollen usually around week 3-4, and pollen stays viable for about a week, so weeks 3-5 make perfect sense for most common indoor flowering varieties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom