When to clone from Feminised seeds.

• Thread starter minster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

minster

Hi Farmers!

I have some ladies that are in veg and 5 weeks from germination. When can I starting taking clones from them? I need to put them into flower soon, will see how each lady runs and select a mum or two from the clones I take (must remember to label).....

Also as they are feminised, so am hoping they all female - I think they start to show thier sex soon, is that right?

I also have a single plant from a bag seed during my last Amsterdam trip that is six weeks old now, no idea what it is but it healthy. Wierd lady, small bushy but thin fingers - big hopes its a female too....

thanks All - Minster

T

trusmoker

i wouldnt take cuts til the plants are atleast 8 week old an im sure they will be female if u have bought feminised seeds haha peace

TortureKill

TortureKill

Around 7-8 weeks u should be able to see some preflowers. Indicating male or female sex. I would agree to wait atleast until you are positive of the sex.

Melvan

Melvan

5 weeks from sprout is way to early to take clones. You say put in flower soon, how soon? Do you even have alternating nodes yet?

M

minster

thanks for the replies all.

Melvan - No, I dont have alternating nodes yet mate. Do I need to wait for those before I put into flower?

I can wait a few more weeks, just worried I may run out of room....

The Joker

The Joker

Around 7-8 weeks u should be able to see some preflowers. Indicating male or female sex. I would agree to wait atleast until you are positive of the sex.

If you see male flowers on your feminized girls, chuck them LOL.

Melvan

Melvan

thanks for the replies all.

Melvan - No, I dont have alternating nodes yet mate. Do I need to wait for those before I put into flower?

I can wait a few more weeks, just worried I may run out of room....

You're not going to run out of room, you're just impatient to harvest bud.

Vertical growth can be dealt with later, much later, if you need to. Your plants aren't even old enough yet to show sex, which they won't do until they have alternating nodes. I know you're looking for instant gratification, but you need to be patient.

Just let them grow and get bushy and healthy. You're going to need to wait more than a few weeks before you put them in flower. When your plants look like the attached pic, that's the time to flower.

You need to google Clark's Marijuana Botany, you can read the entire thing online for free, and read it.

half baked

half baked

hi minster, i usually take a cut from the first nodes when they big enough and put the cut into 12/12 while its rooting, i find that the cut shows sex before the seedling does, did it with all my white fires and white bubbas without a problem, ithen jus throw that cut away and take fresh 1s, ive got it to around 4-5 weeks

hope this helps
hb

M

minster

Spot on Melvan. Thanks for the recommendation, I found the text here if anyone wants to DL it - will be the first book I read without pictures :icon_dizzy:

appreciated your help Melvan :)

Melvan

Melvan

It's a classic text book, and it can take a lot to weed through it, no pun intended. Be sure to have a dictionary handy for some of the more technical terms. If you even remember a 1/3rd of what he says you'll be way ahead of most growers out there. I have a tattered old copy that I still reference.

Top Bottom