When to FLUSH!!!

• Thread starter 32AveFetty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
32AveFetty

32AveFetty

Hello fellow growers, I have a question. Every time I ask when to start my flush. And the answer I always get is when the trichomes are milky and 10% amber.... But then when I ask when to harvest I get the exact same answer. When the trichomes are milky and 10% amber... I’m on week 7 of a bag and have no idea why the recommendation is. Some red hairs but mostly white and already curly.

When to flush
lipifarmer

lipifarmer

with experience you will know when to stop flush. Now start flush a little earlier , better to lose some weight (not a lot) and make sure you smoke clean cannabis. You have to get your own grow schedule ,feeling , and harvest time (efect) you like.
good luck

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Hello fellow growers, I have a question. Every time I ask when to start my flush. And the answer I always get is when the trichomes are milky and 10% amber.... But then when I ask when to harvest I get the exact same answer. When the trichomes are milky and 10% amber... I’m on week 7 of a bag and have no idea why the recommendation is. Some red hairs but mostly white and already curly.
Depends on your environment and your strain. There's some strains that dont even get amber Trich's. What does your breeders information say. I'm going on week 8 tomorrow of flower n still going to feed it 1 more time . Flush for the last 2 weeks. Oh ya I only water mine every 5-7 days. I usually go 1 week past the flowering recommendation. So if it says 8-9 I'll go anywhere from 9-10. 9 weeks minimum. Last 2 weeks u will notice them swell up buds get heavier n bigger the final weeks.

Pandude

Pandude

I grow outdoor, if that matters.

When I first see an amber color tric, I put the plant into a 2 week flush period prior to harvest.
Example;
Week 1, flush 3 days straight then no more water for the next 4 days
Week 2, same as week 1.

Drying the roots will eliminate the sour taste of leftover nutrients while improving THC and Terpins (the flavor).

32AveFetty

32AveFetty

Awesome, thank you guys. I have one more questions. How long do you estimate I have left?? Do you think it will be the full 10weeks. It’s a bag seed so I have no idea what the “breeder recommended.”

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I generally switch to plain water when I think the plants are harvestable, and let them go another week to 10 days on the water only diet.
In other words, when the trichs are milky and most or all of the hairs have shriveled and receded. That's when I start to flush.

32AveFetty

32AveFetty

@Dirtbag thank you, I have a quick question. Does she look ready to start the flush. All the hairs have receded. I can post a picture of the entire plant if need.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag thank you, I have a quick question. Does she look ready to start the flush. All the hairs have receded. I can post a picture of the entire plant if need.
From the pic up there no, doesnt look ready yet. The hairs are still way too white and fluffy. They should all turn brown/red and whither. A whole plant pic couldnt hurt though.

32AveFetty

32AveFetty

@Dirtbag ok thank you. And I’ll post the picture now too. See what you think. I’m a 1st time grower. And this is the first day of week 7

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They got a few weeks left to go. I would keep feeding for awhile, feel free to tag me in a week or two if you want. When about 80-90% of those white hairs have turned dark and your trichs are almost all cloudy you can start cutting food way back. I like to taper back for a week or so before switching to plain water for the last 7 days or so. Though your pants do look to be getting a bit too much food already, so I think you could probably cut your feed rate in half now.
What medium are they in and what are you feeding?

Last edited:
32AveFetty

32AveFetty

@Dirtbag im using the nature care organic potting soul.... says it only has 1 month feed and the end of the month was July 21..... i transplanted right before switching to 12/12 on June 21.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag im using the nature care organic potting soul.... says it only has 1 month feed and the end of the month was July 21..... i transplanted right before switching to 12/12 on June 21.
So you arent feeding anything? Why are you wondering about flushing then?

S

StoopidGrower

@Dirtbag ok thank you. And I’ll post the picture now too. See what you think. I’m a 1st time grower. And this is the first day of week 7
Beautiful plant. Is that particular strain suppose to be that dark or is that excess Nitrogen?

Top Bottom