When to FLUSH!!

• Thread starter 32AveFetty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
32AveFetty

32AveFetty

Hello fellow growers, I have a question. Every time I ask when to start my flush. And the answer I always get is when the trichomes are milky and 10% amber.... But then when I ask when to harvest I get the exact same answer. When the trichomes are milky and 10% amber... I’m on week 7 of a bag and have no idea why the recommendation is. Some red hairs but mostly white and already curly.

When to flush
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Depends how hard you push the plant. You didn't even tell how you're feeding it. It's pretty dark looking.

Something that's not discussed on these forums is the minimum amount of nutrients a plant can survive on in bloom. You could quite honestly give them the minimum amount of nutes after stretch and have better results than pumping them up for 2 months then drastically reducing feed over a week or two.

TadKooler

TadKooler

I am only on my third run. On my first run I did not flush at all. The bud were harsh and hard to cure. The larger buds seemed to suck moisture (water) into them. I attribute this to higher salt concentration in the bud. (Theory).

On my second grow I reduced nutrients, switched to 11/13, fed steeped bananna peal water, then just water and then no water for 4 days and turned off my soil heaters. In my opinion these actions helped to flush (salt) from bud, hardened and started the drying and curing process while stressing the plant to produce more trichomes.

Interested in others responses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom