When to harvest CBD plant

• Thread starter SAgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SAgrower

Hi all, hope you are all well. I am busy with my first ever grow and one of the plants is a auto CBD plant with high cbd content and low thc.

I have been searching on the internet for a while now but cant seem to find a clear cut answer as to when the best time is to harvest a cbd plant for maximum cbd and the least thc.

According to the seed bank I should harvest this weekend but I would like to be certain it is the correct time.

Does someone perhaps know which signs to look for on the physical plant eg trichome colour etc

I have attached a picture just to show how the plant looks.

When to harvest cbd plant

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Hi all, hope you are all well. I am busy with my first ever grow and one of the plants is a auto CBD plant with high cbd content and low thc.

I have been searching on the internet for a while now but cant seem to find a clear cut answer as to when the best time is to harvest a cbd plant for maximum cbd and the least thc.

According to the seed bank I should harvest this weekend but I would like to be certain it is the correct time.

Does someone perhaps know which signs to look for on the physical plant eg trichome colour etc

I have attached a picture just to show how the plant looks.

View attachment 919297
I have no idea but I do know that if you leave a normal plant longer CBD increases while THC decreases

Seraphine

Seraphine

I grow high CBD strains for myself. I wait until the trichimes are cloudy/yellow. Some amber. Gives a better effect- more calming than if harvested too early. I’ve never had lab tests to confirm % after harvest though.

S

SAgrower

I grow high CBD strains for myself. I wait until the trichimes are cloudy/yellow. Some amber. Gives a better effect- more calming than if harvested too early. I’ve never had lab tests to confirm % after harvest though.
Thank you. Do you perhaps know what the effects would be if you harvest earlier? I just want the least amount of thc in the bud but cant find out when that time is to harvest.

Seraphine

Seraphine

THC is lower when harvested earlier but if the strain has less than 1% THC and very high CBD then it won’t matter if you harvest later or sooner since the THC is so low it won’t have any psychoactive effect at all. So you’re better off waiting until all trichomes are cloudy with some yellow/amber.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve harvested CBD too early one time and I’ve never done it since. But again, I go by the effect and not lab results.

S

SAgrower

THC is lower when harvested earlier but if the strain has less than 1% THC and very high CBD then it won’t matter if you harvest later or sooner since the THC is so low it won’t have any psychoactive effect at all. So you’re better off waiting until all trichomes are cloudy with some yellow/amber.

I think the cbd is about 21% or there and the thc about 0.6 or 0.8.

Dinafem got back to me and said that when the trichomes are about 30% milky or amber then should be a good time to harvest

Seraphine

Seraphine

Dinamed CBD plus? I harvested that one 4 months ago. it’s been curing ever since and just started smoking it. It smells like blueberries! Mine had a ton of branches and produced smaller buds than the regular dinamed CBD. I waited until all trichomes were cloudy with some amber.

S

SAgrower

Dinamed CBD plus? I harvested that one 4 months ago. it’s been curing ever since and just started smoking it. It smells like blueberries! Mine had a ton of branches and produced smaller buds than the regular dinamed CBD. I waited until all trichomes were cloudy with some amber.
No not their seed. I just thought I'd mail them and ask for guidance but then I found this forum afterwards.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I was gonna say, it doesn’t look like dinamed CBD. They don’t get those pink calyxes.

S

SAgrower

So I still haven't chopped this auto cbd as Im not sure if shes ready and was hoping someone here might assist me with the correct date to harvest.

The seed sprouted on 6 October and I have attached a screenshot from the seedbank where I bought it from.

Screenshot 2019 11 13 22 11 45 344 orgmozillafirefox

On the 8th of November I noticed the first flowers on her.

Anyone able to help me with a date to flower?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Breeder info is rarely correct when it comes to harvest times. My autos usually take just as long as my photoperiods to flower and veg. If you just got flowers forming on nov 6, then you have maybe another 4 weeks of flowering.

S

SAgrower

Breeder info is rarely correct when it comes to harvest times. My autos usually take just as long as my photoperiods to flower and veg. If you just got flowers forming on nov 6, then you have maybe another 4 weeks of flowering.
Thanks, appreciate the help.

S

SAgrower

This is how the plant currently looks like. I was under the impression I need to cut her today so stopped giving her nutrients 2 weeks ago.

Should I give nutrients again for 2 weeks then flush and harvest after 2 weeks?

IMG 20191219 143557
IMG 20191219 143613
IMG 20191219 143626

J

Jfoster

I stumbled on your convo and have the same question about the same seeds! I find this strain really hard to read, since the trichomes are so small and the buds are dark purple. What did you do, and how did it go. Here’s a pic of mine. Any advice?

CF67BA09 AD6C 4110 A782 A290C224622B
JimiSmoth

JimiSmoth

Harvesting your cannabis garden is often the most exciting time when it comes to growing. All previous efforts culminate in the moment when the decision is made to cut your harvest. Because there is a lot going on in the decision to harvest, it is important to understand what happens chemically to cannabis plants. The easiest way to inform me was to google when CBD is harvested. Breeder information should be used to help determine your garden program, but it has less to do with when the plants are in full harvest.

Top Bottom