When To Harvest Herijuana?

• Thread starter od1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

od1

Hi all,

Yesterday I started week 6 of flower for 4 herijuana plants, which I understand are usually harvested at 7-9 weeks depending on the phenotype.

I've ordered a microscope from Deal Extreme, but it may not arrive in time. Going by these pictures, any ideas on when I should harvest?

Also, there's no problem with using a camera flash when the lights are on, right?

Thanks

When to harvest herijuana
When to harvest herijuana 2
When to harvest herijuana 3
When to harvest herijuana 4
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

man its hard to say from photos there plenty of threads here to give you an idea . but when brown hairs r more predominant than white is a good indicator

O

od1

I had planned on the 31st, so that's in 3 weeks. I've had some deficiencies and one of the plants especially is looking rough, so it's a balancing act. I'm just hoping it'll make it till harvest.

Speaking of which, that one plant has a lot of brown spotted leaves all over the plant, and some of the other ones may have a bit of that spotting. I'm currently using MagiCal at 8 ml per gallon of RO water. Is brown spotting something that naturally pops up in flower with some strains, or is there definitely an issue?

Thanks for the advice.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

You need to throw up some photos of the spotting . Like i dont think its a strain thing .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

make sure the lights r off as well preferably pull one out of the tent and shoot in natural light .

O

od1

Thanks, they're in a recirculating drip system, so they're stuck in there. Not sure if this photo will help, but I turned the flash on.

I think it may be fungus gnats, since I saw some bugs flying around in there. I think tomorrow I'll get yellow sticky traps, and food grade diatomaceous earth.

20150511 185840
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

fwiw, the calendar should only be a reference point, not cold hard facts.
there are multiple factors to consider
trichs ripe yet? flowers mature? buds still swelling and putting on weight?
kind of hard to tell but it looks like @ShroomKing was pretty close on timeline, I'd lean more towards 3 weeks but.....

O

od1

Thanks, this is my first time growing, so by "when I think it's done" you mean "when all the hairs have turned brown", like Shroom King said?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Look at it this way, you've already got several hundred bucks wrapped up, plus all your time. Why go and harvest early?
You're only cheating yourself at that point. Wait for your loupe to come in the mail, 30 x's is good for checking trichs.

@Seamaiden made a guide just for new farmers regarding harvest times and what to consider. Perhaps she'll see this and post the link for you.
Good Luck

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

very hard to tell but it could be plant eating up its reserves .what feeding schedule do you have . Might call Dr fresh he may be able to tell from that photo . @Joe Fresh

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
From the look of leaf tips in the top of your flower looking a bit pale, I'd say you need a little bloom boosting phosphorus. But ugly leaves sometimes happen. Be patient, no one ruins marijuana by letting it go too long.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Look at it this way, you've already got several hundred bucks wrapped up, plus all your time. Why go and harvest early?
You're only cheating yourself at that point. Wait for your loupe to come in the mail, 30 x's is good for checking trichs.

@Seamaiden made a guide just for new farmers regarding harvest times and what to consider. Perhaps she'll see this and post the link for you.
Good Luck
Here ya go! In my sig line. How to harvest without a loupe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom