When To Harvest? Your Personal Preference

• Thread starter Jake S
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jake S

Jake S

Hey farmers!
I am looking for advice on the harvest process, drying, and curing. I have heard there is the 72 hour window of when you want to harvest, and I know that when you harvest has a lot to do if it is a head high or a couch lock.
My goal is to go for 75head/25body if possible. I like to smoke before/during work. haha
My set up is in this thread, but I thought specifying what I was looking for would be better.
( https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/need-help-first-full-hydroponic-grow.75113/ )

Drying takes atleast 5 days, you want it 80%-90% dry, and then you want to cure in a jar and open the lid every couple of hours until you can break the stem and it snaps, doesn't bend. Atleast 5 days as well for curing.
I am open to any ones opinion! I like to hear what everyone has to say, especially after getting confused by all the contradicting growing information out in the wonderful cyberland.

Here are some pictures of the trichomes I have at the moment. and some pictures of my plants as well.
If you could give me some information, or send me a message. I have learned by talking to a few people that this could be a personal topic because it is often a 'growers signature' or sets the beginners apart from the advanced farmers. If you aren't willing to share how you do it, I would appreciate a point in the right direction. :)
Thanks guys!

Pictures:
First 4 are the Trichomes
Then there is a picture of the two plants together
next 2 is the 00Kush I did not top
and the final 2 are the 00Kush I did top

Igrabber snapshot 0007
Igrabber snapshot 0011
Igrabber snapshot 0018
Igrabber snapshot 0019
When to harvest your personal preference 5
When to harvest your personal preference 6
When to harvest your personal preference 7
When to harvest your personal preference 8
When to harvest your personal preference 9
darkmadder

darkmadder

I only grow indicas or hybrids and I take everything to 70 days. I hang the whole plant when drying for a period of 14 days at a temperature of 70 degrees and 65% humidity.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Hey farmers!
I am looking for advice on the harvest process, drying, and curing. I have heard there is the 72 hour window of when you want to harvest, and I know that when you harvest has a lot to do if it is a head high or a couch lock.
My goal is to go for 75head/25body if possible. I like to smoke before/during work. haha
My set up is in this thread, but I thought specifying what I was looking for would be better.
( https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/need-help-first-full-hydroponic-grow.75113/ )

Drying takes atleast 5 days, you want it 80%-90% dry, and then you want to cure in a jar and open the lid every couple of hours until you can break the stem and it snaps, doesn't bend. Atleast 5 days as well for curing.
I am open to any ones opinion! I like to hear what everyone has to say, especially after getting confused by all the contradicting growing information out in the wonderful cyberland.

Here are some pictures of the trichomes I have at the moment. and some pictures of my plants as well.
If you could give me some information, or send me a message. I have learned by talking to a few people that this could be a personal topic because it is often a 'growers signature' or sets the beginners apart from the advanced farmers. If you aren't willing to share how you do it, I would appreciate a point in the right direction. :)
Thanks guys!

Pictures:
First 4 are the Trichomes
Then there is a picture of the two plants together
next 2 is the 00Kush I did not top
and the final 2 are the 00Kush I did top
Pretty nice set up bro. First i have to tell you a couple of things; your nutes are a bit strong from the tips i can tell your ec/ppms are a bit high, apparently not too much but the tips are burnt and if you dont flush or decrease you might get toxic salt buildup. ( no bueno ) you didnt mention how far along you are into flowering but if you can cut out the N. Also you have a step backwards, you want to allow to dry until the stems snap and then proceed to cure, opening the container ONCE a day not every hour. Its called burping and it releases the gasses offset by the fermentation process. Also 5 days really isn't enough time to reap the benefits of curing. IMO... 14 days is the absolute minimum amount of time you want to really get the aromas and the chlorophyll to dissipate. You might want to look into lollipoping also, your setup is small and your light isn't penetrating deep enough to go past the first 4 nodes so in the bottom your gonna reall just get some popcorn nugs if not airy wispy larf. Next time get rid of it and all those nutes and photosynthetic work will go to the tops yielding bigger heavier buds. All in all it looks good. OH !!!! Yeah, your original question... LMFAO... yeah in the first pic you posted a lot of the triches look milky already, they usually go from see through translucent to milky, opaque and then finally amber to dark red or brown. If you dont want the couchlock effect harvest when all your trichomes are white, white and a few have started turning amber. This will give you a more euphoric soaring high. The buzz will be short lived but thats what you said you wanted, right ? You should look for varieties that have this quality as opposed to maybe harvesting prematurely because thats the effect your looking for. I suggest a SATIVA strain wich will give you the desired effects and you will have allowed the plant to reach full maturity thus allowing it to reach its full genetic potential of yield. Hope this helps you out and good luck.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Ok, yeah. Sure man ask away. Thats what this place is all about; A place where like minded people can get together and discuss ideas questions thoughts whatever. What's your medium, i cant really tell from the pix. Looks like a small rockwool cube, whats the style?

Jake S

Jake S

Yeah, it is just a rock wool cube, no hydroton around it. I bought a box called the Colorado Grow Box on eBay, now they are no longer available, and that is where I got the idea from, and when my first grow out grew the 4' I made a bigger box. Then I made these boxes, the four boxes in one, i made them bigger but the same idea. You do the rock wool cube, and then just let the roots sit in the nute base. With one 120mm computer fan blowing in and one blowing out. (I am pretty sure it is too hot in the box as well so might need to add another fan going in and one going out)
I have been putting in half the amount of suggested nutes in the solution. Should I start doing 1/4? or I could do 3/8's if you think it is too much at half?

I should start the flush tonight you think? Since i have some that is ready to harvest? How long would you flush before you actually cut them off?

Thanks for the good info about the drying and curing! It said once every couple hours, not every hour. But I will do it the way you suggested! :)

When do you harvest to get the effect to last longer? Is there a way to get the euphoric soaring high to last longer?

I wasn't sure about lollipopping because I read a lot of controversial stuff on pruning your buds and I wanted to try it on my next grow when i grow a strain I have grown before so I know more about it.

F

FooDoo

Week 11??? Wtf

Those girls look like they need at least 5 more weeks

Jake S

Jake S

I meant week 10 of flowering. sorry for the typo.
I have been told they will be a little small because of the limited space. I plan on getting a tent for flowering, that way I can have a better light too.

Jake S

Jake S

CORRECTION! I am only 8 weeks into harvest with the 00Kush I just did the math on my day count and i am at 52 days into flower.... lol I'm an idiot. haha
Sorry for the misleading information and my air headedness! I was so worried about the actual harvest time that I lost track and sped up the process in my head.

Jake S

Jake S

I looked up the site and it says my flowering period is between 50-60 days

Top Bottom