When to harvest

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

Have two plants from nirvana seeds. an original glue and a white rhino

question im having is where is the best place to check trichomes for ripeness?

on the white rhino (breeder reccomended 8-10 weeks) the top cola sugar leaves are almost completely amber, but have clear heads.
on the glue plant (breeder reccomended 7-9 weeks) i am starting to get some cloudy but not much for amber just checking the top colas.

im confused, because im just finishing week 6 flower so if anything i would think if anything the glue would be closer than finishing rather than the white rhino?

also where exactly should i be checking trichomes? should i check the trichs further down the cola? or am i supposed to just crack into a bud?
i want to be clear i am not planning on harvesting yet, the rhino plant is taking on a golden hue from all the amber though and im confused and hope she isnt going to be overripe?
any suggestions here?

When to harvest

dont know if you can tell from the picture but the sugar leaves have a yellowish glean from the trichs. its especially noticeable in the tent but i cant get a decent picture in there

H

Hdinkleman

thats the rhino that says it is 8-10 weeks.
it wasnt vegged in the tent, reason its so small compared. i had to cut off 4 branches because the plant itself was just like a single top and i was getting some strange lime green colored leafs on the undersides of the canopy.
i gently pulled the branches apart and another cola snapped off like the stems of the plant are all soft. i didnt know if the stress will have any effects. i now have altered the fans in the tent to circulate much better.

so where should i actually check the trichs though?
has anyone experienced anything similar?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

thats the rhino that says it is 8-10 weeks.
it wasnt vegged in the tent, reason its so small compared. i had to cut off 4 branches because the plant itself was just like a single top and i was getting some strange lime green colored leafs on the undersides of the canopy.
i gently pulled the branches apart and another cola snapped off like the stems of the plant are all soft. i didnt know if the stress will have any effects. i now have altered the fans in the tent to circulate much better.

so where should i actually check the trichs though?
has anyone experienced anything similar?
Breeders estimates are seldom accurate, usually takes longer, often several weeks. You want to check the trichomes inside of the bud, not on the leaf

H

Hdinkleman

also the plants top has at least 6” from the top of the OG
Breeders estimates are seldom accurate, usually takes longer, often several weeks. You want to check the trichomes inside of the bud, not on the leaf

so pull apart a cola and look inside?

Top Bottom