when to harvest

• Thread starter jaybird
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jaybird

aloha...
I'm growing several different og strains, and super lemon haze...to my understanding these strains are supposed to take around 60-65 days of flowering...mine have been flowering for just 30 days now...i veg indoors...flower then put outside...i've been looking at the trichomes and most are cloudy...i'm thinking 2-3 more weeks....supposed to be another month...so could it be the hot hawaiian sun may be speeding it up?
aloha...
jaybird

J

jaybird

i'm heading out to get a camera today...I hope to post some more pics

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

hay jaybird..I don't know about the hot sun speading things up, or who your seeds are by, but Barneys farm says 50-55 dyas for super lemon haze for the best flavor. OG's usually take abit more time and I'd say 60 to 65 for them. But the trichromes are the only way to tell for sure. Maybe take a sample at 55 days and quick dry it for a taste taste to see if you like it. Might be heady but might be what you want? Anyway, good luck bro

D

dailychronic

dont worry about how many days they are 'suppose' to be just go by trichome color. Everybody likes a slightly diffrenty percentage of amber/cloudy/clear so I would just mix it up see what you like best. I would take the OGs more amber and the Haze a little bit less amber

T

topheap12

what? i had no idea that i need to be aware of the trichomes ? what am i supposed to do? WHATS THE DIFF BETWEEN CLOUDY AMBER AND CLEAR? FLAVOR?

J

jaybird

trichomes

clear means very immature...milky/cloudy..means it's pretty much done...it's just up to your preference...amber is completely done and if you let it go any further the bulbs burst and THC begins to diminish....
cloudy= heavy head high
amber= heavy body high
most people like a mixture of the two to get a real nice balance....all up to your preference

thanks everyone for your advice
aloha..be safe...and Gro-on
jaybird

what? i had no idea that i need to be aware of the trichomes ? what am i supposed to do? WHATS THE DIFF BETWEEN CLOUDY AMBER AND CLEAR? FLAVOR?

H

hopleaf

the more clear the trichomes the more of a up head high and the more amber the more of a body buzz or couch lock feel. personally i harvest when about 50% of them have turned amber. the taste is much more true when you let them get amber as well. the key is to just be patient, and remember that they will turn amber eventually. i've sat there so many times and freaked out over why it was taking so long for the trich to turn amber. never have seen a strain that truely finishes before 10 weeks.

S

stickygreenman

So are buds pretty much done growing by the time the trichs are cloudy? I prefer a heady high, but also want to get the most out of my plants.

D

dailychronic

I would harvest at diffrent percentages to see what you like or if you harvesting all together I would wait until a few turn amber, mostly milky and a few clear.

S

Skunky

Trichs

What trichome colour do u guy's start flushing at? Many Thanks

M

MASSES 420KING

i have heard that the plants in hawaii once accostomed to there enviornment flower a hell of alot quicker regardless of strain so that could be why your girls are maturing faster then the breeders recomended time

F

floridagrower

i think you flush the plant about 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. so should be when it starts to get cloudy/amber.

Top Bottom