When To Harvest

• Thread starter kevinb42420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

What strain are you growing? What is the flower time for your strain? I would start with that. Then I'm sure some one will chime in and tell you to get a magnifying glass and check the trics. If they are clear let them ride till there cloudy with some amber. Your buds look killer btw!!

Dan789

Dan789

IMG 0605
IMG 0492
What strain?, what do the trichs look like? They most likely are all clear at this point.
Don't know of any strains that mature that fast. Patience, take a breath, this is a process where if you harvest early, the quality and potency suffers. Don't get me wrong, you can wait too long to harvest but you've got 3-5 maybe six weeks to go.
Top picture was taken four weeks after the bottom. Your looking for some amber, lots of milky, not too many clear.

kevinb42420

kevinb42420

Right on guys thanks. No idea on the strain although the probability of blue dream is high. They definitely have a sativa look but are pretty short so I'm thinking hybrid. I'll get a magnifying glass and check the trichs.

Odin91

Odin91

My last grow, which was my first, the hairs would start to turn orange/brown and then new white hairs would appear. That happened twice. I'm not sure if that's normal or maybe just a strain thing.

As recommended I used a magnifying glass and harvested when I saw mostly cloudy trichs even though there were still 30% white hairs.

Edit to add- I flowered for roughly 12 weeks.

Odin91

Odin91

hey guys I'm one week in 12/12 and she's looks done, can I harvest

I'm no expert but if you have just begun 12/12 then you should just be in the beginning stages of flowering. Unless it started flowering before, I would say wait.

Leew421

Leew421

If not sure of flower time you want to start after 60 days to start looking. Get a scope if you don't have one. She will get bigger.

dan1989

dan1989

I will possibly get crucified for this, but it is possible to pluck a small test bud and quick dry it to see how it smokes. It definitely will taste awful. But you may get an idea of the high. I tried this with my last plants, took a bud at week 7ish. Like I said tasted terrible but the high was quite nice. The flowering time for grapefruit diesel is 9 weeks, so I figured that another couple weeks it will be very nice. Started flushing immediately. Just a little thought from my amateur experience. But I think its fair to say the average flowering time is 8-9 weeks. Some strains can take up to 12 weeks or more (we're talking sativas here). Cross reference everything everyone tells you on here.

Leew421

Leew421

You can take that same small bud and hang it in good circulation and easy rh. In 6-7 days it will taste better than quick dry. A week won't do anything too much except dry herb to try. My 2 cents. I actually trim bottoms some and hang those so I can smoke when my plants are hanging

dan1989

dan1989

You can take that same small bud and hang it in good circulation and easy rh. In 6-7 days it will taste better than quick dry. A week won't do anything too much except dry herb to try. My 2 cents. I actually trim bottoms some and hang those so I can smoke when my plants are hanging

Good strategy, nothing like running out of smoke and have a load hanging in front of you still too wet to smoke :D

dan1989

dan1989

Once thing I would disagree with is the part about a week making a difference. Some would argue that a week can make a huge difference to potency, whether positively or negatively...

Leew421

Leew421

I'm saying as far as amber being the color to avoid. Harvest window is about preference to the grower. I prefer all milk and no amber if I can. I want to be able to enjoy the effects of thc and not so much cbn

Leew421

Leew421

Also I have learned that when I feel like my plants are ready, adding an extra week makes all the difference.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

I serve no wine until it's time. I don't even look at suggested times anymore. Anywhere from 8-12 weeks. Maybe cut one at 9 wks and one at 11, depending on trich colors, and see what you like best. I wait for amber to show usually, sometimes I cut with just full white frost. Lots of growth/bulk can be found in the last few weeks as well.

dan1989

dan1989

I serve no wine until it's time. I don't even look at suggested times anymore. Anywhere from 8-12 weeks. Maybe cut one at 9 wks and one at 11, depending on trich colors, and see what you like best. I wait for amber to show usually, sometimes I cut with just full white frost. Lots of growth/bulk can be found in the last few weeks as well.

No reason you can't leave a plant or two for a week or so longer, might try myself actually next run. Whenever that is...:-(

dan1989

dan1989

What I find interesting is when you pick two different buds from the same harvest and get two different effects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom