When To Harvest

• Thread starter kevinb42420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

For real. Not my bag of tea

Yeah man, I like when its a nice mix, starts off as a mind job, then gets more stoney after a couple more spliffs. Definitely enjoy a head high in a social setting more than any other high. Like in Amsterdam, was trippy as hell smoking this super silver haze outside the coffee shop, sitting on the benches and watching two police walk by two feet away from me with some tasty hardware on em :D

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

I doubt it's that much higher in cbn levels but have never had it tested. CBN is great for pain, anti-inflammatory, appetite stimulant, etc as well as possible help with sleep. I've always experienced more of a sleep feeling after sativas wear off then with indicas during or after. It's great we have so much variety and options for trich to suit everyone's needs. I fear the future of Rx or OTC once it becomes mainstream.

dan1989

dan1989

I doubt it's that much higher in cbn levels but have never had it tested. CBN is great for pain, anti-inflammatory, appetite stimulant, etc as well as possible help with sleep. I've always experienced more of a sleep feeling after sativas wear off then with indicas during or after. It's great we have so much variety and options for trich to suit everyone's needs. I fear the future of Rx or OTC once it becomes mainstream.

And it depends on the individual of course. I myself find that I'm more tolerant to stoney indicas than when I hit a good heady sativa (which is rare). Nobody in U.K really bothers with long life plants, it's all about turnaround and less about quality unfortunately :|

There are exceptions to that, I know one or two growers who really do it well. Proper cure and everything. And their stuff sells like hot cakes.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

Here's a lil pic comparison that might help. The first is at around 7 weeks. Plenty of sugar but that can start early, sometimes in veg. The second pic is around 12 weeks or more. A lot of weight change over that time and plenty more sugar. You can cut some at 8 and by week 9 it's dry enough to decide if you like it or wait. But for me, I still would check the same way next time instead of just using a calendar and saying, week 8, time to cut. What you learn this time will help you decide on the next run. I found a grear dual lense magnifier with 60x and light for under $10 on amazon.

dan1989

dan1989

Here's a lil pic comparison that might help. The first is at around 7 weeks. Plenty of sugar but that can start early, sometimes in veg. The second pic is around 12 weeks or more. A lot of weight change over that time and plenty more sugar. You can cut some at 8 and by week 9 it's dry enough to decide if you like it or wait. But for me, I still would check the same way next time instead of just using a calendar and saying, week 8, time to cut. What you learn this time will help you decide on the next run. I found a grear dual lense magnifier with 60x and light for under $10 on amazon.

Wow 7 weeks and not an orange hair in sight. Which strain is this?

dan1989

dan1989

True what you said about not going by calendar. If it were only that simple huh :D

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

And it depends on the individual of course. I myself find that I'm more tolerant to stoney indicas than when I hit a good heady sativa (which is rare). Nobody in U.K really bothers with long life plants, it's all about turnaround and less about quality unfortunately :|
True, true. I wasn't arguing against Leew421, just saying I don't think I'm coming out that much higher in cbn but would love to see what I have in a test. Especially since this strain is over 25% THC. I hear you about the turnaround. Same problem here in the states, in moSt clinics.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

Wow 7 weeks and not an orange hair in sight. Which strain is this?
It might have been earlier but growth wise and milky trich it is at least 5-6 weeks old. Sour Bubble. It is very lime green and lighter colored until closer to 8 weeks. That's why I run it 10-12 weeks and it is insanely stinky sticky skunk herb from another planet. It's hard to pull your fingers apart, the whole bag sticks together.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

There are exceptions to that, I know one or two growers who really do it well. Proper cure and everything. And their stuff sells like hot cakes.
It's all about the cure. Patience is key for quality work in any field, especially this one. I know guys that have never made it to the end because they strip so much so use and don't care.

dan1989

dan1989

True, true. I wasn't arguing against Leew421, just saying I don't think I'm coming out that much higher in cbn but would love to see what I have in a test. Especially since this strain is over 25% THC. I hear you about the turnaround. Same problem here in the states, in moSt clinics.

Going back to Amsterdam, if you or anyone you know has been, they'll likely tell you the weed is overrated. One good smoke I found and that was the SSH I mentioned. Everything else smelled the same, tasted the same, same high. I was thinking I could have got better smoke at home tbh. Hash there is a different story. True story we met an American guy (he told us he was American, Brits find it hard to distinguish between American and Canadian accent, 0% offence intended there) anyways he offered us some hash as he was flying home. We were flying home too, so we all decided to take a walk and have a final smoke before leaving. This stuff was killer, after smoking it and saying goodbye to Andy, I actually couldn't believe i had to go into the airport and be seen by people. I was paranoid that the self scanning thing wouldn't recognize my face cos my eyes were so red. My friend (who had smoked maybe twice before going to Dam) looked wrecked, and made me feel worse by saying ' your eyes are so fucking red man'. Smoke hash in Amsterdam is my advice. Random advice but hey I'm high :D

dan1989

dan1989

It's all about the cure. Patience is key for quality work in any field, especially this one. I know guys that have never made it to the end because they strip so much so use and don't care.

Fully agree about the cure. I dried my grapefruit diesel that I finished recently way too quickly. Thought it wasn't too bad but tried a bud from my friends plant from which my clones came from and the difference was there straight away. Mine was harsh. Lessons learned. If I've learned one thing, only way to learn to grow is to do it, fuck up, know what went wrong and try again. Like anything I guess

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I will possibly get crucified for this, but it is possible to pluck a small test bud and quick dry it to see how it smokes. It definitely will taste awful. But you may get an idea of the high. I tried this with my last plants, took a bud at week 7ish. Like I said tasted terrible but the high was quite nice. The flowering time for grapefruit diesel is 9 weeks, so I figured that another couple weeks it will be very nice. Started flushing immediately. Just a little thought from my amateur experience. But I think its fair to say the average flowering time is 8-9 weeks. Some strains can take up to 12 weeks or more (we're talking sativas here). Cross reference everything everyone tells you on here.

Hehehe I do this all the time. I just can't help it lol. I don't see the harm in it. Shit....hope we both don't get in shit now :nailbiting:

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

Hehehe I do this all the time. I just can't help it lol. I don't see the harm in it. Shit....hope we both don't get in shit now :nailbiting:
Lots of guys pull a lil early tester or two off. Not sure about the microwave part though, lol. Let it sit near your lights for a day, put it in dark closet for two days, idk, anything but the nuker! But doubt anyone here will give you shit. Hell us old guys used to smoke out of brass, fruits, coke cans, plastic pipes so a lil nuke won't kill you, just your hard work.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Lots of guys pull a lil early tester or two off. Not sure about the microwave part though, lol. Let it sit near your lights for a day, put it in dark closet for two days, idk, anything but the nuker! But doubt anyone here will give you shit. Hell us old guys used to smoke out of brass, fruits, coke cans, plastic pipes so a lil nuke won't kill you, just your hard work.

I deffo don't use a microwave. I put it on top of my fish tank where it's just slightly warm. I mean this is just a quick tester and tbh I can't wait long enough for one nug to dry out I'm that impatient sometimes lol. Smoking thrun stuff like you mention is back in fashion now. Apples bananas cans you name it lol. My son thinks his generation are the first to do it. Mind you.... he thinks he's the first at everything....you know how it goes...boring old parents know nothing. If only he knew lmfao

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

I deffo don't use a microwave. I put it on top of my fish tank where it's just slightly warm. I mean this is just a quick tester and tbh I can't wait long enough for one nug to dry out I'm that impatient sometimes lol. Smoking thrun stuff like you mention is back in fashion now. Apples bananas cans you name it lol. My son thinks his generation are the first to do it. Mind you.... he thinks he's the first at everything....you know how it goes...boring old parents know nothing. If only he knew lmfao
I must have read the microwave thing in another thread. I'm impatient as well sometimes when it comes to testers, just want to see what it's like head wise. Of course some egyptian mummy is rollin his eyes that we think we were the first to hollow out an apple. Imagine the poor bastard that tried smoking poison ivy or many other things before they found the true herb.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I must have read the microwave thing in another thread. I'm impatient as well sometimes when it comes to testers, just want to see what it's like head wise. Of course some egyptian mummy is rollin his eyes that we think we were the first to hollow out an apple. Imagine the poor bastard that tried smoking poison ivy or many other things before they found the true herb.

Lmao I have that image in my head now you mention poison ivy.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

Yeah man, I like when its a nice mix, starts off as a mind job, then gets more stoney after a couple more spliffs. Definitely enjoy a head high in a social setting more than any other high. Like in Amsterdam, was trippy as hell smoking this super silver haze outside the coffee shop, sitting on the benches and watching two police walk by two feet away from me with some tasty hardware on em :D
My buddy has some great stories from Amsterdam. He said he smoked a lot of spliff there. That in France as well, I think he said, they smoked a lot of cigs w hash chunks in it. I don't smoke cigs so screw that. He did have some good stories about the red light area as well. I was walking NYC with joint in hand and two cops were approaching, this was around late 90s, and they just kept right on walking past me. Guess they were already buzzed and didn't need any of mine. Side note, in NYC I once had to ask a guy standing next to his double parked truck to move, dude turns around and it was Lou Reed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom