When to plant into super-soils

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

If you are mixing a super soil(heavily, and properly nute'd) for use. How long do you want to wait, after adding all the nutes, etc.. to add 3 month old plants to it?

What are the signs, in any, that the super soil is ready 4 the girls?

dextr0

dextr0

u mix the bottom half (or how ever much u are going to use, more for diff strains) wiand the top half is regular mix. Your plant grows into the bottom mix and gets nutrients as it grows.

After 30 days sub says its good to go. So wait 30 days.

"So we’ve added the water, and now we let it cook in the sunshine—30 days is best for this concentrate. Do not put seeds or clones directly into this Super Soil mix or they will burn. This is an advanced recipe to be used in conjunction with base soil. First you place a layer of Super Soil at the bottom of each finishing container; then you layer a bed of base soil on top of the Super Soil concentrate; and then you transplant your fully rooted, established clones into the bed of base soil. As the plants grow, they’ll slowly push their roots through the base soil and into the Super Soil, drawing up all the nutrients they need for a full life cycle. The Super Soil can be also be used to top-dress plants that take longer to mature. I’ll use this mix for a full year."
http://hightimes.com/grow/subcool/5728

lazarus718

lazarus718

As Dex has said, 30 minimum, 60 would be better. In your case you are adding a 3 mo. old plant to the mix so I would take a separate container (trash can) and mix 50/50 supersoil and your favorite standard soil, then fill your plant's container with that. The reason Sub mixes 1/4-1/2 on the bottom and back fills the top with regular soil is because the potency is a bit much for the seedling he is assuming you will be planting in it. So in your situation it actually matters more what kind of nutes you will be adding to your waterings, if you're slanging chemicals heavy than back off on the supersoil and vice versa.

lazarus718

lazarus718

To answer your questions about the signs of your soil being ready...they would be microscopic bro. If you buy good soil then you shouldn't have much in the way of biological activity going on in your soil on a macroscopic scale (unless you throw worms in there). If you added the bat and worm poop and all of that then it's just going to stink so that won't tip you off that it's ripe. You want the soil to "cook" so that you can get some of those microscopic fungal colonies doing their thing (i.e. mycorrhizae) as well as allowing for the humic acid to help do its thing. Dextro I am certain will discover a plethora of insightful information on those two topics for you if you are interested.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Awesome answers. I never heard of the top/bottom soil thing before, but it does make perfect sense. Thanks passing on the knowledge.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you inoculate with microbes (bacteria & mycos, et alia) then they can have it "ready" in as little as 2 weeks. Temperature, soil moisture and microbe numbers all play a role in this, of course. But to test it out, plant something in it, like a sacrificial guppy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom