When To Scrog And Flower?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Hey guys so basically i was wondering if anyone can help me figure out when i should switch to flower and when i should scrog.. Ive read everywhere that the scrog should be around 20-25 inches from top of pot but i also read that people usually only veg there plants for like 5-6 weeks. Well i planted mine on the 15th of July (so almost 2 months) and theyre only 13(min) to 16 (max) inches tall. So theres no way theyd fill out 3/4 of a scrog. I did have some N toxicity in the beginning of august that probably did stunt their growth. So i guess my question is, how high should i install my scrog and when? And also, when should i go into flowering given my only 4x4 space. The plants are nice and bushy, just dont meet the height requirement i keep reading.. Thanks

When to scrog and flower
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey guys so basically i was wondering if anyone can help me figure out when i should switch to flower and when i should scrog.. Ive read everywhere that the scrog should be around 20-25 inches from top of pot but i also read that people usually only veg there plants for like 5-6 weeks. Well i planted mine on the 15th of July (so almost 2 months) and theyre only 13(min) to 16 (max) inches tall. So theres no way theyd fill out 3/4 of a scrog. I did have some N toxicity in the beginning of august that probably did stunt their growth. So i guess my question is, how high should i install my scrog and when? And also, when should i go into flowering given my only 4x4 space. The plants are nice and bushy, just dont meet the height requirement i keep reading.. Thanks
Put the scrog net in now. Slide it down to the 13 inches above pot which should be even with your littlest plant. Weave your other plants branches outward theu the scrog...
Once you get that done, keep vegging, and i will tell when to flip. Prob 2 or 3 weeks... If that.... All depends on you not making any more mistakes....

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Put the scrog net in now. Slide it down to the 13 inches above pot which should be even with your littlest plant. Weave your other plants branches outward theu the scrog...
Once you get that done, keep vegging, and i will tell when to flip. Prob 2 or 3 weeks... If that.... All depends on you not making any more mistakes....
Okay cool. Ill do that today then. Appreciate the faith you have in me. I figured itd be another 2-3 weeks. Ill update this post once its installed.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I'd wait to flower until yournplants are half the size u want them to b at the end of there life cycle remember plants stretch in flower and will usually double in size.

I don't personal do not like the scrog style as I feel it limits mobility in the garden in smaller spaces but if that's your plan then set up the scrog as early as u want the scrog will help your plants grow outward as well as towards the ceiling adding extra light to those lower nodes. If I knew how tall you would like your plants the. I could prob give you a better number in terms of inches I can all ways set up more then one scrog as well hope this kinda helped lol

C

ChunkySkunky

I'm about to start my 4th scrog in a couple of weeks. Agree with the above, get your net in now and start training the branches outwards as soon as possible, it will encourage the lower branches to grow faster.

Couple of things I have learned is to be brutal with the pruning. You want a screen full of big thick branches, any thin/small/underdeveloped branches get rid as early as possible. Also get rid of all the leaves beneath the screen, once the screen fills out it will get no light and the plant will drop them anyway. It's a gradual process though, don't take too much all at once, as the lower leaves get shaded pull them off.

It feels wrong to me to strip so much from the plant, but once that screen starts to fill out I'm usually annoyed at myself that I left some tiny branch somewhere that's just making fluff.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Okay so i scroged last night which was way more overwhelming than i had originally thought it would be. Trying to get the screen down to the smaller ones way much harder due to the big ones in the back. I should have put up a screen from the beginning and let them grow into it but now i know. End up breaking a branch and damaging 2 other branches but they will be okay in time.. But here it is. Let me know what i shouldve done different if u see anything. I know some branches are still stick up higher than other but after i got this far i lost a little bit of faith and didnt want to risk injurying the plants anymore..

20170906 133248
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Okay so i scroged last night which was way more overwhelming than i had originally thought it would be. Trying to get the screen down to the smaller ones way much harder due to the big ones in the back. I should have put up a screen from the beginning and let them grow into it but now i know. End up breaking a branch and damaging 2 other branches but they will be okay in time.. But here it is. Let me know what i shouldve done different if u see anything. I know some branches are still stick up higher than other but after i got this far i lost a little bit of faith and didnt want to risk injurying the plants anymore..

Breaking branches is common however this is why a good silica supplement in my opinion is key. Good vibes my friend

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Been about two weeks since ive updated this, im 2 days into flowering and i have another question.. They have kind of out grew the scrog and now im contemplating on putting in another one. Is that a good idea? Or should i Let them just keep growing up? I only have a 7ft ceiling

Received 1461778297192040
Mugwort

Mugwort

Have you topped them? I’m on my first SCROG now and I only topped each plant once. My next I will top twice and I think I will do only the Cali Orange, which is the front plant and takes up 2/3rd of net. The CO grows so much faster and heartier than the back two plants ( Maui Waui on left and CheM Dawg on right. I think I could fill my 4’x4’ tent with two plants . They are 2 weeks post flip. I was going to fold under a few more branches but after week 3 I’m letting them go up. Still waiting for hammer to drop and something go wrong. I can’t get this lucky on my first SCROG!

649D0F1F 32E6 4CBD B4F7 7F1C4CD4BB64
684CDE40 6148 4716 8284 B4A26DD59A13
Top Bottom