when to start bloom nutrients...

• Thread starter thicknthin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thicknthin

So this is a 2 part question...

1) How long does it take for the plant to use up the "veg" nutrients and start to utilize the "bloom" nutrients?

2) Should i start the "bloom" nutrients as soon as i start the 12on 12off, or earlier?

side note: im using all botanicare... Pro-grow, Pro-bloom, liquid karma, and "sweet" citrus... if it makes any diff.

B

Buddy Flowers

there's a transition formula on the back of the PB Pro bottle. i think it's 15 mls of grow and 15mls of bloom for the first week of 12/12 then go all bloom. ive been using that line for many years so feel free to pm me with any questions

T

thicknthin

awesome! thank you so much... means alot you would help... its kinda hard to just ask the local nursery for help... they always wanna know what your growin...lol

S

saner1r

Look bud when changing from Veg too flower your girls will use up allot of the "N" the Nitrogen. So what i have been doing is adding veg the fist week of 12/12 while also anding the bloom. You see in the change your plant will use one to begin using an other! Hope this helps.

T

thicknthin

Look bud when changing from Veg too flower your girls will use up allot of the "N" the Nitrogen. So what i have been doing is adding veg the fist week of 12/12 while also anding the bloom. You see in the change your plant will use one to begin using an other! Hope this helps.

makes sense a gradual change... as the plant will still need some of the nutrients the grow will supply... thank you :)

T

thicknthin

thank you kal thats easy for me to remember... lol there is a formula for a transition solution on the botanicare bottles... ill use it just till i see buds tho... sweet... thanks again!

N

Neverfold420

How do I add both bloom and veg nutes ? Can I just use the veg nutes with a bud booster

IMG 20191128 212949
FourthCity

FourthCity

Look at the date of the posts....

Anyways, don't use both veg and flower nutes. Unless you have a particularly good feel for the plant you are growing, a safe bet is to switch to your flowering nutes 1 week after switching to 12/12.

N

Neverfold420

Look at the date of the posts....

Anyways, don't use both veg and flower nutes. Unless you have a particularly good feel for the plant you are growing, a safe bet is to switch to your flowering nutes 1 week after switching to 12/12.
Yesss I'm switching lights in morning. I'll give bloom nutes a week later I still add a bloom booster in this last feed. I just got my inkbird humidity controller it is sweet you plug your humidifiers and dehumidifier into it and set you parameters and bam total control over humidity. I have a temp controller n the way it does same with the heater and the air. Total climate control very important

N

Neverfold420

Yesss I'm switching lights in morning. I'll give bloom nutes a week later I still add a bloom booster in this last feed. I just got my inkbird humidity controller it is sweet you plug your humidifiers and dehumidifier into it and set you parameters and bam total control over humidity. I have a temp controller n the way it does same with the heater and the air. Total climate control very important
Aquaman what's up brotha happy thanks giving . Everyone says you the go to and I can confirm you are straight up guy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm with @cemchris on this one... Bloom nutes are another gimmick. There is some benefit to slight small increase to K. I don't feel any benefit to increased P. There is no need to switch to a bloom nute that starves your plants of N and often gives P toxicity.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Umm... can we make a distinction here between bloom nutrients and bloom boosters? I don't use bloom boosters and wasn't promoting their use but are you two (aquaman, cemchris) really not switching to bloom nutrients during that stage? I've Just never seen this recommended. Ive used the gh 3 part and it had completely different ratios for veg and bloom, now I use pure blend pro now which has separate solutions for each. I've never used veg nutrients for my entire grow, seems so wrong, please explain.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Umm... can we make a distinction here between bloom nutrients and bloom boosters? I don't use bloom boosters and wasn't promoting their use but are you two (aquaman, cemchris) really not switching to bloom nutrients during that stage? I've Just never seen this recommended. Ive used the gh 3 part and it had completely different ratios for veg and bloom, now I use pure blend pro now which has separate solutions for each. I've never used veg nutrients for my entire grow, seems so wrong, please explain.
Correct... But I will say some nutes do a better job of making a transition. But nutrient needs of cannabis has been used as a marketing ploy to sell extra bottle and boosters. One of which is feeding a higher P this has shown to lead to toxicities and the whole bloom nute concept has even been admitted to being customer driven by one company I know of I think it was AN. While there is a slight change in nutrient demands in flower they has been grossly misrepresented by they industry and the benefits are largely impacted by the environment. A good base nutrient with good ratios is all that's needed start to finish. I like an NPK ratios of 2-1-3 or there abouts. From what I have read in research and seen from peers I believe lower P and equal NK or slight higher K than N is favorable for cannabis start to finish. Even equal parts NPK have shown to produce we'll start to finish. This all leads to show that the bloom nutes and booster are not only not needed but IME and just take a look around the forum they do more harm than good.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Correct... But I will say some nutes do a better job of making a transition. But nutrient needs of cannabis has been used as a marketing ploy to sell extra bottle and boosters. One of which is feeding a higher P this has shown to lead to toxicities and the whole bloom nute concept has even been admitted to being customer driven by one company I know of I think it was AN. While there is a slight change in nutrient demands in flower they has been grossly misrepresented by they industry and the benefits are largely impacted by the environment. A good base nutrient with good ratios is all that's needed start to finish. I like an NPK ratios of 2-1-3 or there abouts. From what I have read in research and seen from peers I believe lower P and equal NK or slight higher K than N is favorable for cannabis start to finish. Even equal parts NPK have shown to produce we'll start to finish. This all leads to show that the bloom nutes and booster are not only not needed but IME and just take a look around the forum they do more harm than good.
I haven't been on here long enough to see what everyone else is using in their setups so this is news to me. I experimented with some different ratios when I used the gh 3 part to varying degrees of success but often had one issue or another. Maybe the 2-1-3 would have solved that but since I've switched to pure blend grow and bloom I don't believe I have seen any nutrient related issues, just the normal (for me) power going out or fans failing to keep things exciting. What I can say is that I trust your's and cemchris's experience and would like try this on some of my plants alongside my current method. If you both tell me what nutrients you use I will do some comparisons. I would much rather find out I'm wrong, I'm very happy with my plants but being right won't make them any better.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I haven't been on here long enough to see what everyone else is using in their setups so this is news to me. I experimented with some different ratios when I used the gh 3 part to varying degrees of success but often had one issue or another. Maybe the 2-1-3 would have solved that but since I've switched to pure blend grow and bloom I don't believe I have seen any nutrient related issues, just the normal (for me) power going out or fans failing to keep things exciting. What I can say is that I trust your's and cemchris's experience and would like try this on some of my plants alongside my current method. If you both tell me what nutrients you use I will do some comparisons. I would much rather find out I'm wrong, I'm very happy with my plants but being right won't make them any better.
Ask @MIMedGrower about PbP grow... That's all he uses start to finish. No bloom

Latest posts

Top Bottom