When to start CO2?

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

Hey folks,

I figured out on my last round how to use CO2 (only had it for the last three weeks of flower). HUGE difference :-)

I'm just not sure when to begin using it with my new little ones. They were just put into pots under the 600's and are not yet big enought to pinch yet. Have not started the count of vegging days as they are still too little.

When should I start infusing the CO2? Now or when I actually start "vegging".

Thoughts? Experience?

Ciao,
CQ

deacon1503

deacon1503

I would think when u start counting veg days would be appropriate. Remember that there's already roughly 300 ppm of co2 in our air.

P

primeform

sure, use it in veg it will just decrease your veg times because the plants will grow faster. just make sure to flip at the same time so they dont become over vegged. this can happen very quickly with c02 in the veg. I dont do my full veg in my flower room so someone else might have better experience with your situation.

E

Element4NorCal

Great question.....

Co2 is what plants breath and is a major part of their developmental process. It is used at all stages to increase vigor, hearty leaf structure, stronger stems, etc. Seedlings and young clones should be given Co2 as soon as they are introduced to light and continue on til harvest.

Co2 levels should be between 1500-2000 ppm consistently

Reason

C

Cereall

c02 as soon as possible, maybe in less PPM the plants first week from seed but other than that i would be introducing c02 at a moderate level... around 800 ppm til they get going a little, around 4 weeks, and up to 1400-1500 ppm after that

Does anybody "not" c02 for say the first 2 weeks of flower?

have heard a few local people say this helps reduce the initial stretch and then c02 the rest of the time really "blows" everything up real nice

I am just about to set up my all new LED flower room and have a new c02 setup coming to go in there

Sorry to hijack the thread a little

C

ColasQueen

No worries Cereall - LOL. We are all here to share and learn.

Thanks E4NC - great info - I also have read and heard that there should be NO CO2 for the last two weeks of flower as this diminishes the potency. Any truth here that you are aware of? What is your opinion of what Cereall said regarding the first two weeks with NO CO2?

Deacon1503 / Primeform - thanks for your advice, how would you respond to my questions above to E4nc?

Ciao,
Karen

W

weedfarm

No worries Cereall - LOL. We are all here to share and learn.

Thanks E4NC - great info - I also have read and heard that there should be NO CO2 for the last two weeks of flower as this diminishes the potency. Any truth here that you are aware of? What is your opinion of what Cereall said regarding the first two weeks with NO CO2?

Deacon1503 / Primeform - thanks for your advice, how would you respond to my questions above to E4nc?

Ciao,
Karen

I shut off CO2 at the end.

heres the theory: MJ produces and needs ethylene to ripen. Co2 slows down ethylene production. so co2 is shut off

D

DixinCider

you can start c02 whenever you would like, its just air for you're plants (its what they breath). i would keep you're ppms equal to the ppms you're feeding (i cap my c02 ppms at about 1500-1600) then last two weeks when you flush kill the gen.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

heres the theory: MJ produces and needs ethylene to ripen. Co2 slows down ethylene production. so co2 is shut off

if you research this deeper you will find that c02 from a tank will inhibit ethylene c2h4 but a natural gas or propane burner actually produces ethylene as a byproduct of combustion

just a sample link

fwiw

clandestino

clandestino

can CO2 be used in a perpetual harvest SEA OF GREEN setup? i have 8 600w i add 16 new plants every week so i have a room full of plants in 16 different stages of growth and i now want to start co2 enrichment?

6oh3

how much would it cost for a proper co2 system for a room at about 5x5x8

Worldwarweed

Worldwarweed

Just wondering if yeast produces ethylene? Hope so because I just started using it a few days ago with great results but Im into my ast month of flower .

Top Bottom