When to Start Counting Days

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Should I start counting the days from flip or from the first signs of flowering? The reason I ask is the super silver haze started flowering almost immediately after the flip; but the purple diesel took a good week or more before showing any bud signs.

half baked

half baked

some people do it either way bro, just what suits you tbh, i do it from the day the lights go to 12/12, but thats just me and imo thats what breeders are talking about in descriptions, i could be wrong tho :rolleyes:

hb

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yes.. Everybody is rite.. I start from the 1st day I flip them

Morgan

Morgan

I may be a bit different but i go first week after flip before i count, gives enough time to manage any stress from light change. but thats just me. to be completely honest i go off what they plant tells me. from its physical features. i found when i start marking my days on a calender i find some times thing take longer or maybe not as long so its hard for me to work off set dates.

this is what makes growing such a wonderful thing to talk about everyone does it different!.

jkar_928

jkar_928

I count from flip there is very little stress to no stress after switching and you cant look at it as my plant finishes in 65 days because you might like the high at 55 days just read your plant and you'll be fine

420alldaze

420alldaze

Should I start counting the days from flip or from the first signs of flowering? The reason I ask is the super silver haze started flowering almost immediately after the flip; but the purple diesel took a good week or more before showing any bud signs.
hey bro, you can do it either way ,but imo you should start the day you see flowers to get a true read on when your plants willlbe ready. good luck 42o

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

For a second way to know when to break out the axe, get a 40x jeweler's loupe so you can watch the trichomes. When around 50% of them are amber is when I'm looking to chop, but that too is a matter of personal preference. In my limited experience breeders know their plants and give solid estimates, so it's not like a loupe is a total necessity - I just think it's a fun tool.

Morgan

Morgan

hey bro, you can do it either way ,but imo you should start the day you see flowers to get a true read on when your plants willlbe ready. good luck 42o

Thx man! My next run I'll try that with a few of my plants and run my others the way I normally do. To kinda get a idea. I just have a hard time setting date, if I get flower and I'm running a 8 week strain at 8 weeks do i cut her down? I just can't do dates very well it's always off and then so much for keeping dates.

That's just me tho people who are on a tight schedule rock some dank ass nugs as well we are all special in our own ways. :0)

420alldaze

420alldaze

no problem ,just look at your plants at the specified week and go from there. 42o

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
For a second way to know when to break out the axe, get a 40x jeweler's loupe so you can watch the trichomes. When around 50% of them are amber is when I'm looking to chop, but that too is a matter of personal preference. In my limited experience breeders know their plants and give solid estimates, so it's not like a loupe is a total necessity - I just think it's a fun tool.
50% amber? Some strains show only 10% amber you should be looking for 50% or more cloudy I have seen people take strains 80 days and only see 10% amber this statement is incorrect..

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

I count from flip when I count but that's only for my info not a schedule. I watch trics and when I have about 50/50 clear and cloudy I start my flush. That way by the time I get some amber its flushed and will be good nugs.

YJ

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

Forgive me, JM is spot on - cloudy, not amber. Getting ahead of myself there, which is exactly why I shouldn't be posting in the middle of class. Anyway, you see what I mean? Different strokes for different folks.

jkar_928

jkar_928

Sorry Jack but your statement is incorrect the trichs turning amber is a sign of ripeness and there is a short window to harvest before the THC starts degrading. So if you are pulling plants at 10% amber then maybe its your personal preference but your plants could go longer, my lambs bread is gonna go 14 to 16 weeks and they will be 40-60% amber just so ya know your statement is incorrect just a heads up so you dont spread false statements

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

You can always track both... Just circle two days on your calendar and keep good notes or whatevs. Mostly, I'll echo what others have said: The number of days is just a guideline. 'Scope the trichs to determine the "ripeness" you desire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom