WHEN to start flush for harvest?

• Thread starter DogterB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DogterB

DogterB

Hey all! This question is still many weeks away from being needed but I'm curious as to what makes you start your flush for harvest? This is my first time growing and want to get a good flush in before harvesting. From other posts, I understand that trichomes are the best indicator. I'm growing a Barneys Farm Zkittlez OG auto in fox farms ocean forest, and will be using some house & garden nutes a little later on. What do you look for in your trichomes that makes you want to start a flush for harvest? I'm thinking I'm wanting mostly cloudy with some amber trichs in the final product. I just don't know (lack of experience) how long of a time frame the trichs have from clear to cloudy to amber. I'm worried about waiting too long and getting more amber than I want, not looking for something that will put me to sleep. The plan is to flush for 2 weeks with just water, but have no idea when to actually start the flush. I posted this same question on another site, but haven't really gotten any answers yet.

Any advice/recommendations/experience is appreciated! Pic of my little lady just to show her off, 14 days from emerging from the soil. Like I said, many weeks to go lol.

When to start flush for harvest
DogterB

DogterB

What are you flushing out?
Well a lot of stuff that I have read recommends a flush before harvest to get rid of excess nutes and help with bud flavor. Honestly, I don't really know. The pic shows what I'm planning on using in the future. I'm staying away from any nutes for 3-4 weeks since it's in ocean forest. By then, it should be in or going into flowering and will use the recommended schedule starting at 1/8 strength and work it up. Their schedule even recommends a 3-5 day flush, even with the Drip Clean in the schedule. I'm just another newbie that's probably putting way too much thought into this and reading conflicting opinions.

Future nutes   Copy
guymandude

guymandude

well the key to your question is not to overfeed the plant. If you can get her dialed in, you won't need to flush much, or as much. I'm working at around 400-600 ppm feeding every time i water and about 25% runoff.

DogterB

DogterB

well the key to your question is not to overfeed the plant. If you can get her dialed in, you won't need to flush much, or as much. I'm working at around 400-600 ppm feeding every time i water and about 25% runoff.
Appreciate it guymandude. I unfortunately do not have a ppm meter or even a pH meter (using the drops). I'm going to go light on the nutes since this is my first time. I've also heard horror stories of starting nutes too early in ocean forest, especially with autos. What I'm thinking is use the Drip Clean as directed and do a short flush of just using only water the last week or so.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You chop by your trichome not your pistols, you want all your trichome milky with some amber, 10 days before chop flush out plant with cold water this will help your pistols turn.

Top Bottom