When To Start Seeds For Outdoor?

• Thread starter 13013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
banditxiv

banditxiv

I have this one outside right now.just threw it out to see if it would survive the cold.
IMAG2238

ncga

ncga

This is an excellent nugget of truth right here. Starting too early often only creates more work and more problems and does not get you bigger plants at the end of the season.

This depends on how serious you want to be. With the changes coming and a well laid out plan I started my Seeds 2/15. Of course I have a lab and several years of notes and time lines to keep me on track. I need to get clones out to clients so I need to have my moms ready to go. Also kicking it up a notch this year to offer THC and CBC levels pre determined. So for me I need to get an early start. If you just plan to put them outside and grow April as stated

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
This depends on how serious you want to be. With the changes coming and a well laid out plan I started my Seeds 2/15. Of course I have a lab and several years of notes and time lines to keep me on track. I need to get clones out to clients so I need to have my moms ready to go. Also kicking it up a notch this year to offer THC and CBC levels pre determined. So for me I need to get an early start. If you just plan to put them outside and grow April as stated
I always started on Valentines Day for the last ~40 years,
staggering over the next month or two <replants in cups ready for males>--
with these new fancy seeds I'm now starting a few weeks later...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice to see you pop in once in a while! I think we owe you folks a visit. @pinegrovedave @Blaze

K

kolah

I check the sun-rise / sun-set calendar for my area to see when the day is longer than the night, I find mid April is when the days are 13 hours long, so that's when I start them out, I put the seeds in the seed starter mix a few days before the full moon...

Late April for me. But I start seeds on a New Moon (when the Moon is entirely dark) not on a Full Moon. I harvest on a Full Moon.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Planting by The Moon:
http://www.rhythmofnature.net/gardener-calendar-march-2015

Planting by The Old Farmer's Almanac (Moon plus Voodoo)--

March 2015
1st-5th A most barren period, best for killing plant pests or doing chores around the farm.
6th-8th Fine for sowing grains, hay, and forage crops. Plant flowers. Favorable days for planting root crops.
9th-10th Start seedbeds. Good days for transplanting. Excellent time for planting root crops that can be planted now. Also good for leafy vegetables.
11th-13th Barren days, do no planting.
14th-15th Any root crops that can be planted now will do well.
16th-17th A barren period, best suited for killing plant pests. Do plowing and cultivating.
18th-19th Good for planting cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, and other vine crops. Set strawberry plants. Good days for transplanting. Favorable days for planting beets, carrots, radishes, salsify, turnips, peanuts, and other root crops.
20th-21st Cultivate and spray, do general farm work, but no planting.
22nd-23rd Favorable for planting crops bearing yield above the ground.
24th-25th Seeds planted now tend to rot in ground.
26th-28th Excellent for sowing seedbeds and flower gardens. Best planting days for aboveground crops, especially peas, beans, cucumbers, and squash where climate permits.
29th-31st A most barren period, best for killing plant pests or doing chores around the farm...

K

kolah

The current Gregorian Calender System (12 months in a year, etc) which we adhere to is not in sync with the natural time of the Sun, Moon and the Universe (aka The Lunar Calender). It's man made and very incorrect. But there are lots of ways to grow good weed....whatever works for ya.
----------------------------------------------------------

The Egyptians, Druids, Incas, Polynesians (etc.) and even the Mayans (which had the most complex and correct calendar in history) used the 13 Moons (Months) calendar. - See more at: http://humansarefree.com/2010/09/calendar-we-use-today-is-wrong.html#sthash.6LzTutje.dpuf

The calendar was changed by the Pope Gregorius (Gregory XIII), that's why our calendar is called the Gregorian Calendar. The result is a chaotic calendar, very hard to follow, but most important out of phase with the Universe. We have Months with 29, 30 and 31 days, and once every 4 years, February has 28 days! Unacceptable!
The harmonious Moon calendar is very logical and simple to follow. Each week starts with Monday and ends with Sunday. The 1st day of every month will always be a Monday, and the 7th always a Sunday. This makes it easy to plan way ahead and reestablishes our connection to the Universe.

- See more at: http://humansarefree.com/2010/09/calendar-we-use-today-is-wrong.html#sthash.6LzTutje.dpuf

Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Calendars come and go--
The Moon is a constant...

=====================

So, (simply) with a ~six week planting window, planting weekly:

indicas are harvested first,
sativas are harvested later;

so how does planting go:
indicas first sativas second,
sativas first indicas second--
both together during the whole planting season???

below frigid

below frigid

Outdoors the flowering is brought on by the days getting shorter. In most cases I believe the indica's are always going to finish first no matter when you plant them. So just start them all at the same time and harvest them when they are ready. That way you can spread your harvest out over 2 or 3 weeks. Harvest is always so much work. Nice to not be under the gun to get it all out at the same time.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Should have started last week. Since you missed it, you should send all your now useless genetics to P.O. box .................

Just playing

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Outdoors the flowering is brought on by the days getting shorter. In most cases I believe the indica's are always going to finish first no matter when you plant them. So just start them all at the same time and harvest them when they are ready. That way you can spread your harvest out over 2 or 3 weeks. Harvest is always so much work. Nice to not be under the gun to get it all out at the same time.
Thanx mutchly;
that's exactly what I thought and intended to do,
unless someone came-up with something else.

Until last year I've only grown my own ~25 year inbred hybrids--
when I joined The Farm I didn't know the difference between the two...

Last edited:
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Tomorrow for me. Latitude 36. Just because I have time. Last year was a week earlier.
im starting mine on friday lat 37

Edit: anyone have any advice on how much liquid sea weed and ful-power i should use to help with germinating seeds? i have never used either one thanks

urbanfog

urbanfog

threw 2 monsters from my indoor (plat OG Kush)moms for my first shot in my greenhouse:) I am using 2 4' T5's at dark for now. Should be a learning exp :P

Top Bottom