When to start ventilation on autoflower seedlings?

• Thread starter Gladio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gladio

Gladio

Hi everyone

Just planted my autoflower seedlings in their final pots and in less than 24 hours I have first set of leaves.

What i wonder is when I should start the ventilation in the grow room? Is it too early for a slight breeze on them?

Any help is highly appreciated👍

quirk

quirk

I get mine wiggling when the first node is mature. In this case it was day 5. As you can see the 2nd node was beginning to form as well.

Day 5
Gladio

Gladio

I get mine wiggling when the first node is mature. In this case it was day 5. As you can see the 2nd node was beginning to form as well.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Your plant looks really healthy👍

Seems I still have at least 3 or 4 days for ventilation.

20220328 104110
Gladio

Gladio

Keep your humidity higher for the seedling.
Its around 65 to 70% at this point.

I only have 1000w HPS at this point and its an open hood. Distance I have is around 130cm so that I dont burn them.

When do you think should I lower them to avoid stretch?

Thanks

Habosabin

Habosabin

Do you have Photone app? I don't have a 1000w light but you could measure the ppfd and adjust accordingly for the seedling. You could probably lower it some pretty safely.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Do you have Photone app? I don't have a 1000w light but you could measure the ppfd and adjust accordingly for the seedling. You could probably lower it some pretty safely.
Likewise you can stick it under a small fluorescent light. Way overkill with that HPS. That seedling is a few weeks away from needing anything from a 1000w HPS.

Gladio

Gladio

Just downloaded it. Thanks bro it really helped.

Time to make adjustments😎

Gladio

Gladio

Likewise you can stick it under a small fluorescent light. Way overkill with that HPS. That seedling is a few weeks away from needing anything from a 1000w HPS.
I know but 1000w HPS is all i have right now. And I have 350 autos in their first and final pots so I will need many fluorescent at this point😒

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Gladio

Gladio

Once they break ground, I put a small USB fan blowing across the top. Keep that air moving.
I have air circulation going around them at this point but i will definitely start my fans on the lowest setting from a far distance.

Thanks for your input🙏

Habosabin

Habosabin

Wow. 350? Are you going to transplant them outside or something?

Gladio

Gladio

Did it ask you to use a piece of white paper as a diffuser? Be sure to use that or the readings could be skewed.
Yeah I am working on settings right now. This app really rocks. I tried other lux meter apps before and none of them was accurate.

Thanks for sharing this. I have a friend with a pretty solid lux meter tomorrow i will compare the results of both the device and the app.

Thanke for sharing

Gladio

Gladio

Wow. 350? Are you going to transplant them outside or something?
No I m doing all indoors.

I have 16× 1000w HPS and 4 × spider farmer sf 4000 running.

But at this point I am only running %50 of light capacity to minimise heat stress.

Yeah and that kettle is for extra humidification🤭 I try to maintain 65 to 70% as I have seedlings and my humidifier is not enough as I have 8 HPS, 2 LEDs and 2 ACs running.

20220330 023340
freezeland2

freezeland2

I know but 1000w HPS is all i have right now. And I have 350 autos in their first and final pots so I will need many fluorescent at this point😒

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Didn’t know you had that many. Peace out.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yeah I am working on settings right now. This app really rocks. I tried other lux meter apps before and none of them was accurate.

Thanks for sharing this. I have a friend with a pretty solid lux meter tomorrow i will compare the results of both the device and the app.

Thanke for sharing
I just got a apogee and compared to my phones Photone app. With HID light the app was spot on. With LED the app was way off. With HPS that app should be pretty accurate by my testing earlier today.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I just got a apogee and compared to my phones Photone app. With HID light the app was spot on. With LED the app was way off. With HPS that app should be pretty accurate by my testing earlier today.
Did you have the LED setting purchase? I had to purchase it for $5

Habosabin

Habosabin

No I m doing all indoors.

I have 16× 1000w HPS and 4 × spider farmer sf 4000 running.

But at this point I am only running %50 of light capacity to minimise heat stress.

Yeah and that kettle is for extra humidification🤭 I try to maintain 65 to 70% as I have seedlings and my humidifier is not enough as I have 8 HPS, 2 LEDs and 2 ACs running.
So this is more than a personal grow. 😃

Top Bottom