When To Switch From Veg To Flower, And How?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

hey guys tried finding a thread on this and found a lot of conflicting info. What is the best way to transition from veg to flower? When should this switch be made?

I found a thread with a guy that left his plants in complete darkness for 48hrs before switching to a 12/12.

I'm currently running both LED and CFL in a 4x4 using a soil medium.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
hey guys tried finding a thread on this and found a lot of conflicting info. What is the best way to transition from veg to flower? When should this switch be made?

I found a thread with a guy that left his plants in complete darkness for 48hrs before switching to a 12/12.

I'm currently running both LED and CFL in a 4x4 using a soil medium.
I just adjust my timer from 18/6 to 12/12 and set it where my light comes on in the morning and goes off in evening. I do this incase I have to move my plants in the day for inspections or plumbing work etc. Bringing the plants out of thier dark cycle so the furnace man can service the furnace will make your plants herm. If you live in a legal state and are confident that you wont be moving them you could take advantage of off peak hours and save $$ on electric by having lights on at night. No special rituals needed just switch them to 12 hours of dark and make sure its completely dark for 12 hours.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So the process dosent have to be difficult man. best advice I can give u is keep it simple untill u nail the basics. the above poster seems to be plenty knowledgeable and his way is as good as any. respect. however I used to do the darkness thing but now I go from 20 on 4 of to 11 on 13 off. no real transition and I like the extra hour of dark time. is it any more effective than 12 12 I doubt it just my way ya know. don't over think this step. once u know ur plants and what they do in flower grow them to ur desired size and flip them hoes.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

My biggest mistake early on working from seed was flowering plants before they were growing unevenly. When a plant is young it will grow symmetrically. when mature it eill grow its shoots offset. once she goes offset just switch the timers. thats my .02

From clone they will likely be "mature" from the get go.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I just stake my 18/6 plants (light on by the time I get to my grow), then move them right into my 12/12 room (already lights on as well).

Never has failed me in 4+yrs.

Betico

Betico

So the process dosent have to be difficult man. best advice I can give u is keep it simple untill u nail the basics. the above poster seems to be plenty knowledgeable and his way is as good as any. respect. however I used to do the darkness thing but now I go from 20 on 4 of to 11 on 13 off. no real transition and I like the extra hour of dark time. is it any more effective than 12 12 I doubt it just my way ya know. don't over think this step. once u know ur plants and what they do in flower grow them to ur desired size and flip them hoes.

I figured it wasn't too complicated. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything lol. It's my first photoperiod grow. First time I tried the autoflower and didn't have such a great experience with that. I appreciate the info and words of encouragement.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I figured it wasn't too complicated. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything lol. It's my first photoperiod grow. First time I tried the autoflower and didn't have such a great experience with that. I appreciate the info and words of encouragement.
Better to be safe than sorry. nothing wrong with that man. here if u need some help. u will be fine.

mango420

mango420

Just switch your timer up to 12 on 12 off and your set. When to flip them is completely up to the individual grower, plants usually double in size if not more depending on the strain in the first 2-3 weeks of flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom