When to switch to 12/12?

• Thread starter Bluerhyno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluerhyno

I got 6 clones all around 11-14" tall. The are purple kush. Im just wondering when i should switch them to 12/12 or just i wait a bit longer? Currently have them on 18/6. They been vegging for 3.5 weeks so far. Here is a picture of one. Thanks

Photo 6

420king-MASSES

now start now those look grrrr8t man keep posting photos of how your girls are coming along

D

dican01

depends how long you can wait. if you have the space and time, an extra couple of weeks would give you a bigger harvest for sure.

M

Madkush

If you have the space you can let them go a little longer. If not 12/12 them ladies.

G

gumbe

so you have plenty of room but what about your light...what are you useing........ it all a matter of choice my friend try it at 3.5 weeks veg ,make a note n try a longer or shorter one next time

F

farmerjohn

What is the footprint area of the one 1000Watter? That is, @ near maximum lumens, what area does it illuminate? Whatever that is, is your growing area. 6 plants in that might prove to be a squeeze, with plants any bigger than you are going to have, once the stretch is over. Do a little figuring & decide if now is best, or if 6 larger plants are going to fit under 1 light.

J

John Smith Esq.

if it were me and if I could afford the time and had the space then id wait for pre flowers to develop dude, its kinda the plant equivalent of getting pubes.. when you have pre flowers your girl is a lady and you can flip her.

flower time will be shorter. yield likely to be higher. win win.

google a pic on female pre flowers if you not sure what to look for, but seriously if you can wait i would, usually takes between 3-7 weeks to show pre flowers but depends on a whole mess of things like how big your light is etc.

Also, general rule of thumb is that a plant will triple its size from when you 12/12 it to the time you chop it. so find out how tall your plants can grow b4 they are gonna get burnt (hold you hand under your light, move it down till it stops burning.) now say you got 120cm of usable grow height - you know you can veg till they get to 40cm max before you have to flip it other wise your gonna nuke the tips of your plants 6 weeks down the line.. this rule works very well for me when im trying new strains and what not.

HTH and good luck.

B

Bluerhyno

Max yield but not holding my breath since its my first run. Even if i don't get much at least I'm getting the Exp.

B

Bluerhyno

I'll look in the am at the girls see if they have pre-flowers. They are sleeping right now. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks

G

grower1968

I would do it yesterday. Plus your leaves are curling and a little burnt check food level as it looks like your over feeding and check PH.

B

Bluerhyno

I will be switching them starting tomorrow. They are full of pre flowers. How long before the smell gets bad. Thanks

J

John Smith Esq.

usually from about the 5th week plants will start stinking bad.. again depending on a bunch of other stuff.

Peace

R

r2thizzl3

He means something like this.

I would wait a few more weeks since you got room. But if your in a hurry to get bud to smoke ASAP change it now.

Day 20 4
Top Bottom