When To To Tip These Girls?

• Thread starter Arkansas1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Arkansas1

Hi everyone. these are my white widows, just wanted to ask what height should i start to tip them so they don't grow too high and of course get more sites?
I'm thinking of throwing them into larger pots also thanks for the help.
Their about 6 weeks old now.

When to to tip these girls

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

When I grew outdoor I usually topped my plants 3-4 times before flowering started. I would have topped most of those plants already. So you can use that as a reference and space them out according to your veg -flower time

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Lol! Yeah I guess Australia is a pretty big country, I mean continent! The problem I’ve run into with topping early is at the topping point you get a V and two main stalks. If that V is too low on the plant you wind up with two Six or 8 foot stalks That get loaded up with weight and want to split in half at that V. Maybe multiple toppings mitigate that problem. If I anticipated an 8 foot plant, and only topped once, I wouldn’t do it much before 3 feet. Maybe later. But I don’t top Anymore. Just something to think about.

Last edited:
A

Arkansas1

That depends were you live 😀if you live in Queensland .summers everyday.if in Tasmania ,we don’t fuckng get one. 😂😂😂..nar we do but it better bloody hurry up..summer spose to start in dec ..lol..been shit here for weeks.
Lol! Yeah I guess Australia is a pretty big country, I mean continent! The problem I’ve run into with topping early is at the topping point you get a V and two main stalks. If that V is too low on the plant you wind up with two Six or 8 foot stalks That get loaded up with weight and want to split in half at that V. Maybe multiple toppings mitigate that problem. If I anticipated an 8 foot plant, and only topped once, I wouldn’t do it much before 3 feet. Maybe later. But I don’t top Anymore. Just something to think about.
Appreciate the reply many thanks will do.

Yeah MadMax the weather has been cloudy AF hardly getting any sunshine, shit loads of rain.
Just hope we don't get smashed by rain next year when their flowering..i hate slugs and snails.

O

Oliver2021

That depends were you live 😀if you live in Queensland .summers everyday.if in Tasmania ,we don’t fuckng get one. 😂😂😂..nar we do but it better bloody hurry up..summer spose to start in dec ..lol..been shit here for weeks.
Hey would like to get in touch as I'm in tas too

Madmax

Madmax

sorry dude..I’m off limits.haha .only a few old and trusted friends know I grow bud..been like that for decades mate.I gotta keep it that way..you know what I mean.suxs it’s illegal here..

O

Oliver2021

sorry dude..I’m off limits.haha .only a few old and trusted friends know I grow bud..been like that for decades mate.I gotta keep it that way..you know what I mean.suxs it’s illegal here..
Just a question I had do you get your soil and nutes locally?

Madmax

Madmax

Yes I do.I use cyco coco lite 70/30 coco perlite.I get my nutrients from mainland as they charge bloody too much here for some brands..I buy in 5 litre drums as it’s way cheaper bud..

O

Oliver2021

Yes I do.I use cyco coco lite 70/30 coco perlite.I get my nutrients from mainland as they charge bloody too much here for some brands..I buy in 5 litre drums as it’s way cheaper bud..
Okay thankyou thats all I needed to know appreciate it

Top Bottom