When to transplant from 9oz solo cups?

• Thread starter DEVGRU_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DEVGRU_420

DEVGRU_420

Hey guys today is day 15 for my seedlings. Currently in 9oz solo cups(some only half filled). I can see roots at the drainage holes so I'm guessing they are ready to transplant. My question is should I transplant into 18oz solo cups or should I go straight into the 1 gallon rain science grow bags that I will be flowering in?
Thanks dudes!
Grandpas stash 1.jpeg

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would opt to just transplant once, if you're only going up to 1 gallon containers. But either way will work.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

A little suggestion for next time?

Use clear 6oz cups with a 1/2 inch hole in the bottom and then set them inside the bigger 12 oz cups. Once you see roots growing to the sides of the 6 oz cups. You know they are ready.

Make sure the 12oz cups are not clear as this will help unwanted algae growth.

You can easily do clones this same way, just add another 6oz cup on top to make a "Dome" to help keep moisture inside until your clone roots, usually it takes about 2 weeks at 70 degrees in seedling soil. (I tend to use black gold seedling mix).

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Do a solo cup grow, did one awhile ago and started a new one with critical, here it is just starting to flower accidently deleted finished plant, you would be surprised at how well you can grow a plant in a little cup.
Solo Cups a hell of a challenge but you can turn out some solid buds.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Do a solo cup grow, did one awhile ago and started a new one with critical, here it is just starting to flower accidently deleted finished plant, you would be surprised at how well you can grow a plant in a little cup.

Solo Cups a hell of a challenge but you can turn out some solid buds.

yeh man, when I first started growing, I remember reading books about growing back in the 80's about folks putting 100+ plants under a 1000w hps.. After a couple decades of growing, I looked back on this and though it's not impossible, it just depends on what your needs are really. I have a Ed Rosenthal book in which he explains rooting a 100 clones and flowering them immediately, and then harvesting 100 little plants that were between 1/8th and 1/4 oz...... It might be fun to try, but, it would completely be breaking the law in my state on the 12 plant limit...

Not to go into politics, but, these politicians really need to shut the hell up and leave us alone.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

yeh man, when I first started growing, I remember reading books about growing back in the 80's about folks putting 100+ plants under a 1000w hps.. After a couple decades of growing, I looked back on this and though it's not impossible, it just depends on what your needs are really. I have a Ed Rosenthal book in which he explains rooting a 100 clones and flowering them immediately, and then harvesting 100 little plants that were between 1/8th and 1/4 oz...... It might be fun to try, but, it would completely be breaking the law in my state on the 12 plant limit...

Not to go into politics, but, these politicians really need to shut the hell up and leave us alone.
Great shortcut for a pheno hunt in photo plants for sure. Autos seem like they'd be easier, but I will promise you the amount of effort you have to put into keeping them watered and to try to find the nutrient sweet spots will drive you crazy. I've yet to get one dialed in... I started growing in solo cups because I had to validate the amount of purchased seeds that were building up in my house. Now I test run everything as it comes in the door in solo cups to test germination... I'm sure I'm going to have the lovely problem of too many seedlings and too many seeds and it's too cold to move anything outdoors šŸ˜‚

Latest posts

Top Bottom