When to transplant to final pot - Scrogg

• Thread starter Swanst1991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Swanst1991

Hello,

Reading around it seems i should transplant to the final pot 1/2 weeks before flower, at this point they would be scrogged, is it possible to transplant a plant that is woven in a scrog? it sounds like it would be difficult?

Thank you

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Hello,

Reading around it seems i should transplant to the final pot 1/2 weeks before flower, at this point they would be scrogged, is it possible to transplant a plant that is woven in a scrog? it sounds like it would be difficult?

Thank you
Yes it's a nightmare to transplant while tied up... and there is a lot of different opinions on transplanting... I like to do it 1 or 2 weeks before flower in case plant develops shock from up potting...

Charlie946

Charlie946

How big are your current pots? Got pics? If your medium dosent require top dressing you could leave them and just increase the frequency of feeding/ watering. You'll can get root bound in certain situations but if your in really light medium you can get away with it

S

Swanst1991

How big are your current pots? Got pics? If your medium dosent require top dressing you could leave them and just increase the frequency of feeding/ watering. You'll can get root bound in certain situations but if your in really light medium you can get away with it
Currently 1 gall going up to 5gall. No pics at mo as out of the house

S

Swanst1991

Yes it's a nightmare to transplant while tied up... and there is a lot of different opinions on transplanting... I like to do it 1 or 2 weeks before flower in case plant develops shock from up potting...
Do you not scrog during veg though? So 1 2 weeks before flower they are already scrog?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Reading around it seems i should transplant to the final pot 1/2 weeks before flower
That doesn't make sense to me, but I know there are many ways to grow. I keep my plants in vegetation based on their growth. The more roots they have, the more vegetation (esp. buds) they can produce. I don't scrog, though. I just grow a few large plants at a time. An important concern is allowing enough room for the stretch and enough distance from the lights.

T

Tyrant

Hello,

Thank you
In my opinion you should transplant when once the plant has reached about the size of the container. I only transplant once. Goes from a solo cup right into its final pot. I don't really see a need to transplant multiple times.just adds Un needed stress in my opinion.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Do you not scrog during veg though? So 1 2 weeks before flower they are already scrog?
I never really scorgged... I used yoyos... I had more versatility but starting to scrog now... I have a blue dream that is week 2 of flower now that I will be netting up

JKash

JKash

Supporter
In my opinion you should transplant when once the plant has reached about the size of the container. I only transplant once. Goes from a solo cup right into its final pot. I don't really see a need to transplant multiple times.just adds Un needed stress in my opinion.
I found my roots tend to explode when uppotting multiple times

Top Bottom