When to turn trim into bubble hash

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hello,

Last time I made bubble hash I tried to make a temple ball out of some and it just crumbled apart. I was told I let the trim sit for too long after trimming before I did the hash run.

As I recall I did a dry trim and kept the clippings in ziplocs at room temp for (maybe) 4 days and then into the freezer for another (maybe) 5 days. Don't remember exactly.

So my question is: how soon after trimming should I use it to make bubble hash?

Did you know Bernie Sanders is related to Colonel Sanders?

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

I don’t think there’s a time limit. I just made some hash using my old trimmings. I just got the screen to do it. Mine came out fine, I can’t attest to how strong it is as I haven’t smoked any yet. But why would tricombs go bad from just sitting there? As long as it’s not really old I don’t think it’ll lose to much potency.

No I didn’t know they are related. Now one more thing to add to my dad knowledge bank.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I put all my trim in a paper bag and dried it out in my dry box. If I put that in a jar and cure it like regular weed, does it get better and will it store long enough to build a collection of trim from the entire year?

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

I use a dehydrator for 12-24 hours with no heat just airflow, then I transfer the skuff to the freezer overnight.

After that I start making bubble hash, I found that the more you dy it before you freeze it the better result.

Or if you have time spread the skuff out to dry on parchment paper in you drying room/area and give it 7 days to be certain and giver the old bubble hash treatment.

There's 100 ways to skin a cat I'm just sharing mine.

Happy gardening!🤙🤙

D

dirty.joe

Hello,

Last time I made bubble hash I tried to make a temple ball out of some and it just crumbled apart. I was told I let the trim sit for too long after trimming before I did the hash run.
No, not sit too long, you can make hash from weed months old.
Most likely reason for crumbly hash is too much contaminate, what size screen(s) did you use ? Or did you just do the gravity separation ? And how long did you stir the mix ? By hand or electric drill ?

I made some this January from weed harvested in Sept. and the stuff from 73 to 160 micron is almost rosin, if you touch it, it's hard to let go of it. The 190 micron will now (may) break apart, but could easily be "worked" by hand back into a soft pliable sticky hash.
Ksnip220511 1226

Latest posts

Top Bottom