When to use nutrients in soil

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

I have some plants in Biobizz light soil that are about 5 weeks into veg. The Biobizz chart says to water with 2ml/L of their fish mix nutrient. After a couple of weeks of water at the start I started using the fish mix daily, but got a little nutrient burn after a week or two. I then reverted back to PH 6.3 water to counter this. They seem to be doing better now.

My question is: How will I know when to start using nutrients again? I guess I will start to see a lightening of green in certain leaves (lower?), but I’m not to clear on exactly the details.

Also, how often should I add the nutrients to the water after that? Should I add them say every other watering?

Cheers.

growsince79

growsince79

Hi all,

I have some plants in Biobizz light soil that are about 5 weeks into veg. The Biobizz chart says to water with 2ml/L of their fish mix nutrient. After a couple of weeks of water at the start I started using the fish mix daily, but got a little nutrient burn after a week or two. I then reverted back to PH 6.3 water to counter this. They seem to be doing better now.

My question is: How will I know when to start using nutrients again? I guess I will start to see a lightening of green in certain leaves (lower?), but I’m not to clear on exactly the details.

Also, how often should I add the nutrients to the water after that? Should I add them say every other watering?

Cheers.
You nailed it. When they get hungry the leaves usually start getting pale green at the bottom and moving up. Use half dose until the plant tells you it needs more.

Andy

Andy

Thanks very much for that - when I’ve been feeding just water with no nutrients, I’ve been PHing the water to 6.3. I’ve just realise this might be a bad idea - I was doing it because Biobizz recommends adjusting to PH 6.3-6.4 when feeding with the fish mix. When feeding just water, should I just leave the PH without adjusting? It comes out of the tap at about PH 7.

Anthem

Anthem

If you are in soil I would recommend a PH of 6.5 at all times. In Coco 6.0 and hydro 5.8
Also in soil I would recommend feed/water. So 1 feed than 1 water. Coco and hydro you have to feed every time you water.
As far as nutrients, you can do as recommended above. Once you get into flower you may want to increase above the 50 percent for weeks 5 thru 7 and than taper. I would increase in these weeks starting at 60 percent of suggested and finish at 75 percent before taper. The nutrient uptake of the plant is driven by the amount of light the plant receives. More light more nutrients.

Andy

Andy

Thank you - as an example, by 50 percent do you mean say feed every other day, i.e. 50% of the time? I think you do, but just wanted to make sure.

Top Bottom