When will then be now?

• Thread starter Smithers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mimos4boss

mimos4boss

i have not de-chlorinated my tap water has a ph of 7 and bio grow reduces it to 6.7 litre of water with 1 ml bio grow for now and an extra half litre to run it through soil with run off i do not care for run off as it can cause root rot but personally the plant might just need lowering from light as could be stressing too much there is multiple reason what can cause it just sift around you will find why but try adding a teaspoon calcium magnesium to your watering schedule for both plants that is half a teaspoon each not recommended but it could be a calcium deficiency the way the leafs are yellowing or could even be caused by transplanting as roots take few days to adjust if using and already prepared soil not home mix and your welcome to them all as this was and is made too help out al fellow growers in all types of need and help and info

mimos4boss

mimos4boss

look at mine in first image on left side look at leafs they started to yellow out once i put them in bio bizz all mix a week later i plucked the leafs and new growth was perfected to soil and nutes im going dry and soak style with nutes every feed as they seen to be going perfect like that till i accidentally snapped my main stem on one and another site on same plant so going to let grow little more get few more sites miss hap happen my idiotic inventiveness decided to use string instead or a wire

Smithers

Smithers

try dimming your lights and de-chlorinating your water and see what that helps

I will try raising the lights a bit, or dimming. That’s a great idea. They might be too strong.

I have been allowing chlorine to evaporate. Soon I’ll have a budget t upgrade to Filters and RO

Homesteader

Homesteader

Smithers- Your municipality may not be running chlorine. You may want to go to your city/town website and get the water report. Could be chloramine and that does not dissipate when you let the water sit. I haven't looked into your problem and don't know if it is associated with this but you may want to double check it really is chlorine. You from VT?

Smithers

Smithers

Smithers- Your municipality may not be running chlorine. You may want to go to your city/town website and get the water report. Could be chloramine and that does not dissipate when you let the water sit. I haven't looked into your problem and don't know if it is associated with this but you may want to double check it really is chlorine. You from VT?

Yeah I’m from VT. Born there in 82, went to VTC, moved away for jobs in 2004. Are you?

I’ll look into my towns water website. Thanks.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Pure blend pro grow only. FFOF + 25% perlite in 3 gal fabric pots. Starting 2 weeks ago Ive been adding 1/8tsp/gal epsom salt.

I’ve been letting my tap water sit out for a few days. PPM of tap is 25. I’ve mixed in water from a local spring people bottle water from to get the mix at about 150. The spring water is about 350 PPM out of the hose. I haven’t tested Ph of either source, that’s on my to do list
What minerals are in that spring water? If your tap is is that low on ppm I don’t see why to add the spring water to up the ppm when most the minerals are gonna be in the nutes that are used.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah grew up in the northern part of the state and hung out on the mountains a lot. A couple years older than you but not much. Moved to Maine almost a decade ago. I loved Vermont but it has changed too much for me. If you don;t have dough it ain't for you unless you want to butter bagels. I wanted REAL property and that is hard to come by in Vermont without paying an arm and a leg and thats before taxes.

Smithers

Smithers

Yeah grew up in the northern part of the state and hung out on the mountains a lot. A couple years older than you but not much. Moved to Maine almost a decade ago. I loved Vermont but it has changed too much for me. If you don;t have dough it ain't for you unless you want to butter bagels. I wanted REAL property and that is hard to come by in Vermont without paying an arm and a leg and thats before taxes.

I hear that. We have pockets of family on the south and mid coast of Maine. I’d like to buy land there or NS as our next move. For now we have a 1/4 acre or so

Homesteader

Homesteader

Downeast is the only affordable coastline it seems. Northern Maine in general for the northeast. Looking at Perry area myself for a fishing camp but that was before the real estate blew up.

Smithers

Smithers

What minerals are in that spring water? If your tap is is that low on ppm I don’t see why to add the spring water to up the ppm when most the minerals are gonna be in the nutes that are used.

I read somewhere that 150ppm is ideal for watering. I figured I’d try mixing up a ratio to that number. I have no idea if it had a good or bad effect.

I cut out the spring water for the past two feeds to rule out that source. It over complicated the workflow so I don’t plan on getting it anymore

Smithers

Smithers

Downeast is the only affordable coastline it seems. Northern Maine in general for the northeast. Looking at Perry area myself for a fishing camp but that was before the real estate blew up.

I like vacationing on Vinalhaven, don’t know if we could swing it that remote tho. Trade convenience for affordability there. I love Maine

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I read somewhere that 150ppm is ideal for watering. I figured I’d try mixing up a ratio to that number. I have no idea if it had a good or bad effect.

I cut out the spring water for the past two feeds to rule out that source. It over complicated the workflow so I don’t plan on getting it anymore
150 is okay at certain stages and it changes but also depending on the medium your gonna want maybe lower dosages anyways depending on what minerals are in the water source

Smithers

Smithers

I grew up near Magic Mountain. And when that closed, the next closest place to say I was from became near Okemo Mountain.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I didn't spend all that much time in southern Vermont But I think Bromley was my favorite. Mount snow was fun though. The snow up north is a different world most years though. I was more into Backcountry stuff

Smithers

Smithers

I’ve had a bit of recovery and some interesting observations. After increasing nutrients @ 4/30 feeding of 1550 ppm and run off of 2170 for both, I was like oh, previous out was 2020 and they ate nearly the entire prior 1300ppm. Quickly mixed a quart of 2200 and split between them with more run off of 2400. Few, they’ve been STARVING.

Greened up some, then hit with a good dose of LAB at lights out last night. I haven’t done that in like 5+ weeks, night of flip. Been busy. Now they are looking nice, still some yellow but I’m happy. No worries on new growth and now I need to figure out how to best taper down nutrients. I don’t want to be super salty going into plumping.

So some thoughts. I had to strip a ton of leaves a little over a week ago, the mother seed did not have any nutrient problems. The mom was stable at 4 days between water for a week before flip. Week 1 she went to every 3 days. Week 2 she went every 2 days and like clockwork until harvesting week 2-9 I watered every 2 days cause the 3 gal fab pot was light as styrofoam. The clones in week 5 are still water every 4 days just like in veg. No big change in uptake. It was week 3 that “low” nutrient stress showed. I’ve been adding nutes at 3x+ what the mom wanted. The clones are drinking half the water now for a month plus more than the mom. Maybe this is normal, but I’m sure heavy changes to my environment have also caused big weirdness. My space was designed as a warm space in a 45-55F un-heated space for winter. Way different ramp of changes over spring as I’ve adapted. Daily checking of my sensors say that nothing out of bounds is happening between 77-82F and 45-50RH. No doubt these two will make it the next month at least until harvest. The buds looks great, very excited to have them look more stable. Man, I want a data logger. I wish I had more environmental info.

Just observations. I’m new and learning, I think the plants are pretty ok. Me, I’m freshly baked. Just typing so I can remember how I felt after a bunch of steps. I’ll put pictures when I get home.

Smithers

Smithers

Rounded week #9 over the weekend. All is good after they got a few high doses of nutes to correct my under feeding.

I chopped the last run of these clones on the first day of week 9, about 10% amber. This group, I’m at least another week away. Still plenty of emerging pistils, and zero amber even at the tops.

Next clones are filling up their space quick. I’ll post pictures of where its at in a bit. I added a new trellis layer today, can’t wait to get them under my 2 good lights when I can chop the current ones. Tough times starting out until I expand my equipment. Slow and steady gets it done for me just fine tho.

Smithers

Smithers

Got some stable internet to post pictures.

Room is looking really good to me. I'm waiting out a bit longer as they seem to still be growing healthy.
IMG 4362

IMG 4370

IMG 4369

IMG 4368

The clones are happy too, and I've added a home-made light bar that's 5x 9w bulbs alternating 3500k and 3300k, along side my 2 tube HO FL to that space. Both plants are now supported by a 12"x16" trellis ziptied to the stakes I added a few weeks ago when I up-potted to 3 gal. They are outgrowing my lighting while I wait on the two that are almost done. I've been rotating them 180 to balance the light temp every few days. So far I'm very pleased with whats going on in both spaces. Thanks to all that helped guide so far!
IMG 4351

IMG 4346

Smithers

Smithers

Added one of these auto closing exhaust fans to my room, and some high end directional ducting. Gotta get more hot air out as it gets warmer.

IMG 4383

IMG 4384

Top Bottom