When will they bud?

• Thread starter DiverDown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DiverDown

DiverDown

I have 5 plants that started as saplings indoors, for 18/6. Were in 3 gallon pots and went outside to 10 gallon pots, 2 months ago. We are losing the light. They are stretching I believe. (First time grower) here in CT. We are at 13 hrs daylight now. When will they bud? Shouldn't the bud for at least 3 months?............. running out of time? Also, should I trim the skinny branches off? I have stopped trimming a month ago, only remove a few old or yellow leaves. I was told to stop trimming because they are flowering.

When will they bud
When will they bud 2
When will they bud 3
When will they bud 4
StinkyGr33n

StinkyGr33n

They'll start full-on flowering very shortly, if it hasn't begun already. Flowers can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days to mature, some sativas can take longer. Seen any pistils near the tops yet?

DiverDown

DiverDown

They'll start full-on flowering very shortly, if it hasn't begun already. Flowers can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days to mature, some sativas can take longer. Seen any pistils near the tops yet?
I was told they are flowering now. Isn't flowering the time when the light isn't 18 hrs, when they have less light? I don't see pistils. I only have Until frost to harvest them. Is it when the light is 12/12? That would be 2 weeks maybe. I would only have 2 months before frost danger. Is that enough time to start budding and complete to harvest?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Flowering starts when you see the white pistils outdoors, or when you flip it to 12/12 indoors. You will have trouble getting a full harvest outdoors where you live. Don't worry about the photoperiod... your plants will start to flower very soon, but as was mentioned, it might take 2 or 3 months to finish fully. I have kept plants outdoors until November (near Erie) if there wasn't any really hard frosts. The few snowfalls didn't bother them too much as long as it didn't get a hard freeze. There isn't anything you can do to speed up the flowering except moving indoors when the time comes.
You might want to consider an Auto strain or an Indica for your next outdoor grow. Indica tends to bud earlier and finish faster than Sativa, and Auto's flower after about 45-60 days regardless of photoperiod.

StinkyGr33n

StinkyGr33n

I was told they are flowering now. Isn't flowering the time when the light isn't 18 hrs, when they have less light? I don't see pistils. I only have Until frost to harvest them. Is it when the light is 12/12? That would be 2 weeks maybe. I would only have 2 months before frost danger. Is that enough time to start budding and complete to harvest?
If they're already flowering, disregard my question, but if they're flowering, you should definitely be seeing pistils. I just couldn't make out any pistils in your pics. They are some beautiful plants, though.

When you see people talking 18/6 ,12/12, this is usually indoor growing, where we use electrical timers to regulate our lights on/off duration. Outdoors, it's a bit different... It's not like flipping a switch from "veg" to "flower". The daylight hours gradually start to get shorter after June 21, which triggers cannabis to flower. At this point, most outdoor plants should be at least beginning to flower if not in full bloom.

Flowers usually take a couple months to mature. 60-90 days-ish.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Flowering starts when you see the white pistils outdoors, or when you flip it to 12/12 indoors. You will have trouble getting a full harvest outdoors where you live. Don't worry about the photoperiod... your plants will start to flower very soon, but as was mentioned, it might take 2 or 3 months to finish fully. I have kept plants outdoors until November (near Erie) if there wasn't any really hard frosts. The few snowfalls didn't bother them too much as long as it didn't get a hard freeze. There isn't anything you can do to speed up the flowering except moving indoors when the time comes.
You might want to consider an Auto strain or an Indica for your next outdoor grow. Indica tends to bud earlier and finish faster than Sativa, and Auto's flower after about 45-60 days regardless of photoperiod.

Thank you so much!!,

visajoe1

visajoe1

I think it just started to flower, stretch has begun. We'll know in 10 days if it is or not

DiverDown

DiverDown

If they're already flowering, disregard my question, but if they're flowering, you should definitely be seeing pistils. I just couldn't make out any pistils in your pics. They are some beautiful plants, though.

When you see people talking 18/6 ,12/12, this is usually indoor growing, where we use electrical timers to regulate our lights on/off duration. Outdoors, it's a bit different... It's not like flipping a switch from "veg" to "flower". The daylight hours gradually start to get shorter after June 21, which triggers cannabis to flower. At this point, most outdoor plants should be at least beginning to flower if not in full bloom.

Flowers usually take a couple months to mature. 60-90 days-ish.
I have been searching for pistols for weeks now. I sure hope this goes well...

Latest posts

Top Bottom