When Ya Hacking 2014....................????????

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Im hoping to get a few more weeks I have chopped a Blueberry a few days Back

take care and be safe

trippinballz

trippinballz

My OD grow is 100 miles south of there. Mid 30's forecasted here.

None of it has much value here these days other than for the head. LOL.

not knowing what to do with it all is definitely a new "problem" I've never faced before!

Shits only gonna get worse to...cus my oh my....after all of these years of carving out crawlspace rooms and corners of garages... we finally have the place to really do it right now.

trippinballz

trippinballz

As planned...3 ladies down....3 ladies wrapped in coats.

You know how some women are. Late to the party but all stylin and shit when they get there.

It was startin to sprinkle lightly when I chopped the first 3. It let up while I wrapped the others but just afterwards it poured. Was a great test because after it stopped walked up and poked holes in the plastic where the water seemed to want to pool.

Will be interesting to see how it goes. It's all just an experiment/test for the future and another step on the learning curve ladder.

Good luck all!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like some after school tutoring Professor Chickenman!

We love these kids, bright straight A's in school, energetic, eager to help, they tutor other students, one fella however is facing felony cultivation charges and has an attorney to represent him, looks like he will either get off totally or reduced charges stemming over an incident 2 years ago involving 7 plants total BS. His GF lives' with us and is pretty much hot stuff eye candy for this old man, still have not barged in on her naked yet, she saw me naked, told her now that is what a real man looks like not some college kid.. LOL.....very smart gal, love to cook, bake, get baked, studying to be a naturopath doctor, taking year off studies, good to have her help....They cannot understand other kids who just go to school for a degree, they want to learn and do things to make this world a better place. We have no kids or worthy reletives so we just may leave or farm to one of them so at least we know our dreams come true are handed down to someone who will continue living our dream
will be hacking for a friend today a local rock and roll legend, set him up with some real nice plants and they are looking fantastic, he was dumbfounded by just touching the plants how sticky his hands were....
Life is good, coffee, hash dube, lots of other goodies ready for harvest, more to life than pot ya know, milk goats, will also be bringing bbq and cooking ribs and chicken while we trim trim trim.....

trippinballz

trippinballz

Glad to hear he had success. Tell him from me it's a reminder and proof positive that the message about "Friends" he sang about so long ago has not been forgotten by SOME of us. >>RESPECT<<

And hey....those Charles Purple tomatoes are THE best 'maters I've ever eaten ...and for sure the best I've ever grown. We have 2 other "regular" tomato plants sise y side with these and there's just no comparison all the way around. Read a really interesting articla aout how the "industry" found a variety that ripened all at the same time and how everyone migrated to that plant...and thus....we now have a lot of tasteless, but "ripe all over/at the same time" "tomatoes" (term used loosely) on the store shelves... (sounds like where WEED is going...sadly)

Many thanks!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Glad to hear he had success. Tell him from me it's a reminder and proof positive that the message about "Friends" he sang about so long ago has not been forgotten by SOME of us. >>RESPECT<<

And hey....those Charles Purple tomatoes are THE best 'maters I've ever eaten ...and for sure the best I've ever grown. We have 2 other "regular" tomato plants sise y side with these and there's just no comparison all the way around. Read a really interesting articla aout how the "industry" found a variety that ripened all at the same time and how everyone migrated to that plant...and thus....we now have a lot of tasteless, but "ripe all over/at the same time" "tomatoes" (term used loosely) on the store shelves... (sounds like where WEED is going...sadly)

Many thanks!
Yup REAL friends....
REAL friends are there with no expectations.
Him being a rock star lots depend on him for a living, record companies, band members, on and on.
Folks take advantage of fame and fortune and just want to see and be seen.
I never ask for backstage, really nothing going on after all these years, buy my own ticket, I love who he is off stage just a regular Joe in my book, so much fun to supply him all these years at the same donation from friends and now he has his own supply that he helped grow and like a kid in candy shop for the first time...Will be fun.
Those Purple maters are Cherokee Purple and you are right amazing...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Many thanks!
Folks can find the same information depending on where they get their news, this article is from Time. More at link. http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2118455,00.html

Your Tomatoes Are Flavorless, Right? Here's Why
"...It was a good 70 years ago that marketers first started catching wise to something farmers knew already: a tomato on the vine that's uniformly light green may hardly be ready for eating, but it's ready for picking if it's destined for somewhere far away. By the time it's packed, shipped, unloaded at the store and displayed on shelves, it will have turned a perfect, even red, which is eye candy to shoppers.

Not all tomatoes send so clear a pick-me signal when they're ripening on the vine. Some have a more uneven look, with patches of darker green, particularly on the shoulders — the raised area at the top of the fruit that circles the depression where the stem attaches. Some of these might be ready for picking, but some might not be, leading to a mixed shipment arriving at the store, half of which gets left on shelves. So for seven decades, plant breeders have been selecting seeds from the uniformly green tomatoes, crossing them with other uniformly green ones to produce an über-race of perfect visual specimens. But as with other pretty things — the sea anemone, wolfsbane, John Edwards — looks can mislead.

Perfect tomatoes may have the appearance, cookability and mouthfeel of the genuine article, but more often than not, the flavor is missing — a fact that many people never even realize until they buy a tomato at a farmers' market or travel overseas to a place without massive grocery stores and marvel at this wonderful fruit they seem to be tasting for the first time. To learn at last why beautiful equals bland, a group of plant researchers headed by Ann Powell of the University of California at Davis decided to look at the tomato's genes to see if there was something that was coding for — or at least affecting — both flavor and appearance.

Sifting through the tomato genome wasn't even possible until the entire thing was sequenced — something that happened just last summer and was announced in the journal Nature. With that sequence in their hip pockets, Powell and her colleagues collected some wild tomatoes with dark green shoulders and crossed them with their prettified, citified cousins. This allowed them to compare the similarities and differences between the two and eventually narrow the search for the culpable gene down to chromosome No. 10. Studying that single chromosome more closely, they found a gene called SIGLK2, a sort of genetic master switch that regulates whether other genes are activated or remain inactive.

The genes that SIGLK2 controls regulate the formation of chloroplasts, components of cells that control photosynthesis. A heavy concentration of chloroplasts in a tomato leads to a heavy shading of green, which is the quality plant breeders look to avoid. The problem is, chloroplasts also increase sugar levels in the tomato, and sugars play a key role in creating flavor."

etc.

trippinballz

trippinballz

Garden 150 1089x1640
Garden 154 1089x1640
Garden 152 1089x1640
^^^Yup^^^ Thanks for posting that up LGG.

Ah..."Cherokee"....tag was smeared....brain is tossed from all the drugs...etc..etc...etc. Sorry Charles....LOL. Prolly why I saw Cherokee Purple info all over on my search and not a fookin thing on "Charles Purple", huh? :rolleyes:

Speakin' of purple.... these are the 2 Cherry Pies I chopped yesterday.... 65 gal smart pots.

derkaderk

derkaderk

Love those colors @trippinballz
I'm still sitting on my hands here....just repeating the mantra, "don't chop too early."

Been cold the past several days, so the plants have slowed to a crawl...supposed to warm up later in the week, so I won't decide when to chop until like the night before.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Your way ahead of us sky,i think the outdoor still may have a few weeks here in socal.A couple chilly nights here(high 40s low 50s lol) but it will be climbing back to the 90s for the weekend.That cherry pie is nice and colorful,No blueberry?Ive heard alot about the flavor on that one.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yup REAL friends....
REAL friends are there with no expectations.
Folks take advantage of fame and fortune and just want to see and be seen.

Found that out this year Brother, Truest words spoken there. People just suck these days, always good to hear its good folk left. Rock on CM!!
Respect

trippinballz

trippinballz

7000' elevation at my spot Fish....so it's no wonder, huh?

As far as the BB...the girls wrapped in plastic are a BB X Sour 13 cross I made, a Purple Cheddar, and a Raskal OG. (with the latter 2 being the heavyweights of the harvest)

After Thurs or so it looks like another week+ of clear skies/70's/upper 30's weather...

DC105

DC105

I'm a music nut, so obviously u got me wondering who her plays for. Lol

K

kolah

Dcp 3944
not ready yet...and another cold CO night, at 32 degrees. I had to get my fireplace in the greenhouse fired up to keep things warm. It's always a challenge to try an pull off a good outdoor harvest at 9400 feet in the Rockies..but if done successfully the benefits kick ass. I'm already thinking and planning for next year....with Golden Lion Cherry Picker and a Purple Urkel x Crystal Ship strain. From Sungrown Genetics I got some Cherry Daddy ( GDP x Cherry Pie), a purple pheno Afghan x Blueberry x White Widow and some rare and old Afghan landraces from 1986 (see if I can get them to pop)

Last edited:
trippinballz

trippinballz

As far as the BB...the girls wrapped in plastic are a BB X Sour 13 cross I made, a Purple Cheddar, and a Raskal OG. (with the latter 2 being the heavyweights of the harvest)

All of the lades made it through the wet/cold week and were dry and happy (OK, other than the flashlight wake up call) when I checked em upon arrival about 9PM last night.

31F this AM.... sun is rising. Pics after a fatty and a big cup...

How have the rest of ya fared? All down....or are ya still spinning the wheel?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just escaped the frost. tomatoes made it with little damage....Go back and forth, harvest now?? or wait..lol...Thinking a full day this weekend,,, Do a little at a time next week...weather lows will be in 40s all week.....

Top Bottom