whens the latest i can put clones outside? Map with Zones?

• Thread starter Jay Tea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caligirl

caligirl

I think so much depends on genetics and maturity of plants (seedlings and clones) - clones taken from young, immature moms wont flower as soon as ones taken from more mature moms and young seedlings (under two/three months) wont flower in spring but ones that have been vegging for more than that may flower. But then genetics also have a lot of influence on plants responses to light and dark. There are always exceptions to the all the rules cuz plants are indiviuals (especially seedlings).

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Excellent Answer @caligirl ! I completely agree.
Thats what I have noticed in my few years with this plant.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have one seedling out of a couple dozen that wants to flower already (i think)
It's the only one of it kind that came up. So i cant compare it to its sisters
But None of the others strain are doing this
I might just have to go with it and cover her, so she doesnt reveg in june

Baylife

Baylife

I have one seedling out of a couple dozen that wants to flower already (i think)
It's the only one of it kind that came up. So i cant compare it to its sisters
But None of the others strain are doing this
I might just have to go with it and cover her, so she doesnt reveg in june

This is progressing into an interesting discussion involving the earliest possible time to put plants out in Northern California...

My plants are on the porch under a painters tarp (to help insulate the heat during the 48 degree nights. The lights go on shortly before sunrise and go on again in the morning about an hour before sunrise equaling 8.5 hours in darkness. I'm hoping this will help the process of transitioning them into 10 hour dark nights that are rapidly approaching.

I would to put then out on this next full moon which is may 14th...but the nights are still a tad cold so I'll probably rock the third week of May as to get monsters.

If anyone wants to share their hardening off process that would be awesome.

caligirl

caligirl

I two kandy kush clones, same age, same size (3-4 ft, 15 gallon smart pots) right next each other and they all get couple hours of extra light pre dawn and pre dusk, and one is now full on flowering and the other, along with all other plants in area, are happily vegging ...wtf?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I two kandy kush clones, same age, same size (3-4 ft, 15 gallon smart pots) right next each other and they all get couple hours of extra light pre dawn and pre dusk, and one is now full on flowering and the other, along with all other plants in area, are happily vegging ...wtf?
Clones from the same mother?
that is strange

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's pretty wild. If I didn't think that the soil were exactly the same, then I'd be questioning that. But right now, looking at what happened with a HUGE batch of seeds I started in February, yadda yadda yadda, I find myself wondering if perhaps just the slightest difference in location might be what's causing it.

Have you tried giving it a big push of nitrogen, and maybe some alfalfa tea?
This is progressing into an interesting discussion involving the earliest possible time to put plants out in Northern California...
With seed starts, I've put them out as early as March, as seedlings. Then just let them do their thing whenever it happens. Which is to say that when it's cold, nothing happens, so there's kinda no point.
My plants are on the porch under a painters tarp (to help insulate the heat during the 48 degree nights. The lights go on shortly before sunrise and go on again in the morning about an hour before sunrise equaling 8.5 hours in darkness. I'm hoping this will help the process of transitioning them into 10 hour dark nights that are rapidly approaching.

I would to put then out on this next full moon which is may 14th...but the nights are still a tad cold so I'll probably rock the third week of May as to get monsters.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can put them in dappled shade and move them to sunnier positions through a week's time. You can use something like landscaping or shade cloth, pulling it back for a couple of hours at first in the morning and evening, then extending that time. If you have something like a greenhouse then they can go directly from the GH to full sun IME.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i think i will try to light dep it and keep it flowering - just hate the idea of condensation

Thats what i do..if they wanna flower...i go with it.

I hate the condensation too....but its not really a problem early in flower
and it should be dry(er) in the summer..when they are finishing

My tarps were soaking wet on the inside lots of mornings on my latest lite dep
I hardly got any bud rot (lost a few grams) No PM (thanks Cap):)
I was probably just real lucky...lol..and im grateful for it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
this seedling has been outside its whole life..7 or 8 weeks?..not sure
I think she is flowering
Ladcloser

Maybe she is just super sexy ??

None of the other seedlings are doing this except the ones im depping
I dont have any of this same strain though
i guess that one is going to get depped too

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

I beliv

I think in Canada GHs run year round with the right equipment anyone could do the same.

Also no one mentioned a slow cutback on supplemental light. If I get a real early start I will cut back 1/2 hour of extra light every week until they are full sun. I will see them sex but very rarely will they full flower.

Baylife

Baylife

I beliv

I think in Canada GHs run year round with the right equipment anyone could do the same.

Also no one mentioned a slow cutback on supplemental light. If I get a real early start I will cut back 1/2 hour of extra light every week until they are full sun. I will see them sex but very rarely will they full flower.

For sure. I used to rock the greenhouse and have harvests all year round but these days I like to travel and do stuff besides grow pot. This year I'm doin 50 monsters in 300 gallon smart pots in the mountains of Santa Cruz, California. The weathers so beautiful and perfect that I'm just gunna rock it full sun without a greenhouse or shadecloth.

I'm gunna be doing a growlog this year which is gunna be almost to epic for words....I got Jesus og, blue moon rocks, sin city's white nightmare as well as northern flame.....a bunch of newer strains that I know people on this site will appreciate.

Baylife

Baylife

this seedling has been outside its whole life..7 or 8 weeks?..not sure
I think she is flowering
View attachment 404307
Maybe she is just super sexy ??

None of the other seedlings are doing this except the ones im depping
I dont have any of this same strain though
i guess that one is going to get depped too

Pretty sure she's flowering. Or yea she may just be tight like a tiger and super sexy.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Pretty sure she's flowering. Or yea she may just be tight like a tiger and super sexy.
Im still not sure if she was flowering or not:confused:
I have been covering her (light dep) for almost a week..
Lad518

She is flowering now :)
I gave her LBM and kelp yesterday

Ladclose518
Top Bottom