Where Am I Supposed To Be Measuring Grow Tent Temps?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

top of canopy (directly under light)?, or at the base of the tent? where do I put my gauge? and when people refer to optimal ranges are they talking about canopy temps or root temps?
the images are of course of my device hanging under the light at the top of the tallest plant (canopy) and also of another device measuring at the base of the grow tent (floor). I can't seem to get these temps in range to throw anything in there.. what's in there I don't really care to loose all but two. I have a gg4, and some mystery og..
and the last image is what the air right outside the tent being pulled in is at..

I don't have a fan oscillating in there right now at the canopy, I did but it's a little cheap 6 inch clip fan and it's worth shit. already purchasing a 12 inch to get in there hoping that will significantly help..

tia

Where am i supposed to be measuring grow tent temps
Where am i supposed to be measuring grow tent temps 2
Where am i supposed to be measuring grow tent temps 3
Where am i supposed to be measuring grow tent temps 4
Where am i supposed to be measuring grow tent temps 5
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I measure from the tops. The closest top to the light, that way you know the rest are probably cooler. I'm in dwc so I measure the res temp too.

As far as the temp at the top I like to stay under 85, you can still get great results at higher temps but the lower the better.

bankcee

bankcee

I measure from the tops. The closest top to the light, that way you know the rest are probably cooler. I'm in dwc so I measure the res temp too.

As far as the temp at the top I like to stay under 85, you can still get great results at higher temps but the lower the better.

should I be hanging my gauges right under the lights though.. I've read somewhere that they begin to heat up the material that the gauge is made of and it won't take an accurate temperature..

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I hang mine right off the light and the probe level with the highest/closest bud/top. Mine is white like you got. I would assume the black probes would read higher. I figure what ever temp it feels the buds are feeling the same. Works great for me.

bankcee

bankcee

so if I can get my canopy temps to stay steady under 85 and above 75 it should be fine growing conditions? I've dimmed the 1k watt to 600 and it's 830pm here.. and here's where it sits inside the tent.

lights went on at 7 and temps outside the tent are at 72 right now..

and I'm also hoping it will read lower once I get the 12 inch fan blowing over the canopy.. but tomorrow morning is my issue anyways it'll be all fine til about 10am-1pm when light go off since I'm still trying to dial in my veg (18-6)

think an ac is my only option?

Screenshot 2016 04 17 20 24 14
Screenshot 2016 04 17 20 24 18
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Man my buddy grows monsters with high temps in the 90s. I'd rather have it warmer with more light to an extent. But yea 85 and under at the tops is just fine.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just keep air moving over the tops. I like the wind to just kiss the tops.

bankcee

bankcee

damn so cal is too damn hot. and I rather go outdoors but neighbors and shit.. this is my second go around at a tent and the first time I thought I was in the perfect area for it but not now lol damn heaters brotha. idk how to fix my temps in the afternoon tomorrow.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

damn so cal is too damn hot. and I rather go outdoors but neighbors and shit.. this is my second go around at a tent and the first time I thought I was in the perfect area for it but not now lol damn heaters brotha. idk how to fix my temps in the afternoon tomorrow.
Best thing you can do is add cool tube if you don't have it and have lights out at hottest part of day. But don't freak out to bad on heat. You can still do fine.

bankcee

bankcee

Man my buddy grows monsters with high temps in the 90s. I'd rather have it warmer with more light to an extent. But yea 85 and under at the tops is just fine.

I bet he's watering at least once a day though right?

I might have to try that with some irrigation setup.. but idek where to begin with all that.. like I would like something that will sense moisture since I work long days I won't have the time to water more than once a day if needed..

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I might have to try that with some irrigation setup.. but idek where to begin with all that.. like I would like something that will sense moisture since I work long days I won't have the time to water more than once a day if needed..
He's in dwc. I guess that might help with higher temps. Never really though about that.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You would set it up on a timer, where it watered a certain amount for a certain set time. You would have to dial that in. But they do make soil meters.

Top Bottom