Where can I order a good pocket microscope?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Where can I order A good pocket microscope and what do you think is the best kind to get? I had a cheep x30 but it broke! Worked ok but are there better ones out there?

W

webeblzr

Amazon, not that I'm shilling them, but they did have a bunch of them.

J

Jalisco Kid

Big 10x

I have a 60-100x use it about twice a year, my 30x maybe 4x a year. this 10x once a week. JK

Big10x
MileHighChic

MileHighChic

If there is a RadioShack near you...they have a 30x t0 100x microscope that I picked up for about $15. It works great and has a built in light so you can see the trichomes really good.

true grit

true grit

I have a 60-100x use it about twice a year, my 30x maybe 4x a year. this 10x once a week. JK

JK- Where can I find one of those? I've tried using a lil 420scope everywhere from 30x-100x....too much, too small to focus and you gotta push it on the bud before focusing- weak. I take it the big 10x is enough to see trichs?

J

Jalisco Kid

Fot trics I use a 15x from radio shack. It is the one that has (3) loupe 5x stacked on top of each other. I use it to watch for pests,molds, and check the tric progression but the last few weeks I use the 15x.
Google it. It is in the other catalog besides hydrofarms. JK

G

GroHi

Depends on what you want...

x30 triplet loupe does a decent job of quick inspections at high mag... can see the super small bugs & trich's at this range. Anything higher gets to be a little problematic in focusing & holding still.

The above, or anything under 50, is cheap... the optics aren't that great, though work. Usually this means images aren't as crisp across the field of vision. For example, I have a x25 pocket microscope that enlarges greater than the x30 power loupe & images a much wider view, in focus.

Check out Peak Optics if you want the high-end gear. Model 2050-25x, scaled, erect image.... that's the one I was referring to above. BTW, when into actual "microscopes" be cautious of erect vs inverted images... erect gives you what you would see w the naked eye vs inverted w "normal" scopes. Peace.

bleuballz

bleuballz

i also have the one from radio shack for about $12.00, it uses 2 aaa batterys. real good for the price

Latest posts

Top Bottom