where do you look with microscope

• Thread starter WakeAndBacon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

for looking for pests with a deformed leaf, where do you look? the edge is clear, the top and bottom of the leaves cant see much, do yall usually jsut follow the veins and edges and examine damage spots? entire leaves randomly even healthy? im still hoping its some nutrient thing or ph but i jsut got usb microscope and am looking for possible pest causes.
should i use soime tape and use it to colelct stuff off the leaves and put on a cover slip and sue the real microscope?

Ponky

Ponky

Well.... I just spray the pest spray. You can usually see most pests with the naked eye.

WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

Well.... I just spray the pest spray. You can usually see most pests with the naked eye.
im worried bout russet mites, im doing organic living soil and have ladybugs and predatory mites and good guys i dont want to hard so im not spraying anything really but neem

but a tomato plant in my garden had the fuzz like stuff that makes me worry about russet mites maybe having come inside on me or air (apparently)

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Pics would be helpful, both above and below the leaves please, if possible.

We can diagnose much easier with photo's. Well lit, in focus shots of the damage if possible, plus the underside.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

If you can find some house centipedes and release one in your growroom i think they will eat your pests

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If you can find some house centipedes and release one in your growroom i think they will eat your pests
I think I'll stick with friendlier predators, TYVM. šŸ˜‚ I draw the line with poisonous biting insects.
let's actually verify it's a problem before we pull out all the stops.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hehe, are the smaller ones poisonous? The ones living in damp conditions around.i knew the bigger ones were toxic but hey. Thanks for educating me Frank ;)

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hehe, are the smaller ones poisonous? The ones living in damp conditions around.i knew the bigger ones were toxic but hey. Thanks for educating me Frank ;)
I'm sure some of them are probably fine, TBH, I don't know that much about them, but yes, they can bite, and some will certainly make you sick.

However, there's many natural remedy, like ladybugs, beatles, Phytoseiulus persimilis (my favorite) Neoseiulus cucumeris, Amblyseius swirskii. ...

The key is offering them food when they annihilate the threat, like pollen... So they can breed, and lay eggs.

Another sicky solution is using tanglefoot, but if you already got bugs, I like using pure crop 1 and beneficials...

Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Beatles ? I did not know they were effective against pests..would be a lot of hassle to bring Paul in ?

Good advice on ladybugs etc
Tumblr mfut6zoAst1ryu5rko1 1280

I currently learned of chrysanthemum leucanthemum i think it was called., it contains pyrethrin i think which is effektive against pests :)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do you know there is no such thing as a non poisonous spider? I was told by a curator at an insect display in a museum in Vegas that Daddy Long Legs spiders have a venom more toxic than a Rattle snake or Moccasin but their teeth aren't strong enough to penetrate your skin & they' don't have enough of the toxin in you to effect you but millimeter to millimeter its far more toxic...So I was told....I'm not bring bugs into my house I do my best to keep them out.

Ponky

Ponky

Do you know there is no such thing as a non poisonous spider? I was told by a curator at an insect display in a museum in Vegas that Daddy Long Legs spiders have a venom more toxic than a Rattle snake or Moccasin but their teeth aren't strong enough to penetrate your skin & they' don't have enough of the toxin in you to effect you but millimeter to millimeter its far more toxic...So I was told....I'm not bring bugs into my house I do my best to keep them out.
Popular myth. No basis in reality.

Top Bottom