Where is all the water going?

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I heard in flower the plant uses lots of water. This hasn't been the case, up until now..

I'm six weeks into flowering and I put 3L of water in yesterday afternoon, I went to check on my ladies this afternoon and noticed the hygrometer said it's 26% (DRY). Stabbed the 3in1 into the soil and that also registered bone dry. Is this normal or indicative of an issue?

2Bad

2Bad

I heard in flower the plant uses lots of water. This hasn't been the case, up until now..

I'm six weeks into flowering and I put 3L of water in yesterday afternoon, I went to check on my ladies this afternoon and noticed the hygrometer said it's 26% (DRY). Stabbed the 3in1 into the soil and that also registered bone dry. Is this normal or indicative of an issue?
Are you bottled or organic? Are you getting runoff? Do you not lift the pots an test the weight?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Sounds like your planter is leaking

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Are you bottled or organic? Are you getting runoff? Do you not lift the pots an test the weight?
Regular bagged soil from the dept. store with granular nutes on the top.

It takes 4L to get runoff, I put 3L in. I've never before needed to water daily when using 3L of water but now I do. Is this normal for a plant in a 5gallon medium to need this much water? First grow so pardon my ignorance. This is kind of exciting tbh, something magical must be happening in these buds, I bet they're gonna fuck me up lol

And yes I do that every time I plunge the metre into the soil. I can usually tell my medium is dry when I need to hold the pot down to remove the device.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Part of it is transpiration.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It takes 4L to get runoff, I put 3L in. I've never before needed to water daily when using 3L of water but now I do. Is this normal for a plant in a 5gallon medium to need this much water? First grow so pardon my ignorance. This is kind of exciting tbh, something magical must be happening in these buds, I bet they're gonna fuck me up lol

And yes I do that every time I plunge the metre into the soil. I can usually tell my medium is dry when I need to hold the pot down to remove the device.
What's the %RH in your grow? Because yeah, that's a lot of water.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

What's the %RH in your grow? Because yeah, that's a lot of water.
It's between 30% and 40%. I reset it every time I water so I know it's not an old value. I went to bed last night and checked, it didn't go higher than 40%

In veg it would sometimes get as high as 74% but it doesn't now for some reason

2Bad

2Bad

Yes very normal in flower. The roots start to consume all of the soil ..the more roots the more water it'll drink. Lower humidity is another reason.. but that's a great thing in flower.

Top Bottom