Where is that pine come Xmas tree strain @ ?

• Thread starter Puffntuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

That's what was around when I first started to chief . Back in late 80's early 90's,ours was dark green,sticky as all hell,and funk of Christmas trees ...
That shit was potent,but then again I was a newB.
STR8

Calixylon

Calixylon

Honestly i believe if we compare potency, todays cannabis isnt way more potent, but the amount of chronic being grown now outweighs the the buds of the 80-90's. I honestly cant even find low quality anymore, everyones been exposed to real flowers by now, Highschool kids dont even puff on mids and beasters, like i grew up with.

But with all these strains being accesible, alot of the heirloom strains, and older cuts like the pine bud dissapeared, i miss that strain so much, i guarantee it will pop up again, make its rounds, not like the terpene profile is impossible to find, just until someone finds it again. Ive got some piney stinkers in Kosher Kush, not like the sweet Balsalm fir stand, christmas wreath terps, but definetly related

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I know alot about the piney bud because I was at the fringe of it origins.
It was bred and grown in North FL. In the 80s and 90s.
Back in the day I may have grown a few small fields of it.
My memories of it.
It was a cut held a pair of families that would not give clones. They would release seed each year. About $150 for a film cannister full. It was a haze and stretchy for a few years then it bulked up and got shorter...But it always kept it's pine scent. It was bred for growing in pine forests and blending in with natural pine smell, but you could always smell it if you got close.
The pair of families were prominent in north florida and southern georgia.
Lots of cousins, sons , etc. That I am sure still hold the cut.
Thing is , piney bud was not Christmas Tree bud. Xmas tree bud came from somewhere else.
We thought Cali.
Lol

Calixylon

Calixylon

wherever, and whoever holds the genes is a lucky man. I believe that most growers have scrapped the pine bud, because it wasnt very strong if you compare it to some of the strains out now. It would make an awesome concentrate, possibly to "piney"? Would love to see, either way i miss that fluffinutter balsalm fir buds, Intresting about origins possibly being haze, like any history or info i can get on it, thanks

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
wherever, and whoever holds the genes is a lucky man. I believe that most growers have scrapped the pine bud, because it wasnt very strong if you compare it to some of the strains out now. It would make an awesome concentrate, possibly to "piney"? Would love to see, either way i miss that fluffinutter balsalm fir buds, Intresting about origins possibly being haze, like any history or info i can get on it, thanks
It's still around. I grabbed a bag of it in 09 when I was visiting north florida. But your right about the potentcy, it could only get you so high, never over the top.
Peace

Calixylon

Calixylon

09' wasnt to long ago, but the last time i saw it was 06', it may be around but it within the realm of well grown"regs" or "commercial" so whoever has it probably dosent give a shit, and has either lost it or stopped growing. But 6 years is a while for a great terp profile to be last seen

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The closest thing to Christmas tree bud or that I've seen a resemblance too, was a certain minty cut of ssh.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm not sure if what I have is what everyone is looking for but I do have seeds named Xmas bud. I can't say for sure exactly what they are, all I know is they came to me through a well know member labeled 1979Xmas bud.

Two good friends helped me do seed increases to keep the line alive and in both cases it was confirmed the bud is very pine smelling. It also appears to be afghan/indica in heritage and likely an older outdoor line.

Hopefully some of these seeds end up in the hands of people who will continue to preserve the line and share them freely

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

4 strains that were plentiful at one time in michigan that I haven't seen since the late 90s real skunk, Christmas bud or pine sap , Sugarbush, and a killer northern lights. Sugarbush and the nl were always indoor and the pine and skunk always outdoor. Never grew any but smoked plenty

Calixylon

Calixylon

Really every jack ive had or grown has been like an eletric lemon lime, never heard of a piney jack cut?

Also i was lucky enough to score a few of the xmas bud seeds, dont think enough to do a proper backross, but ill keep my fingers crossed. I just dont wanna water down these genetics with a poor representation of what the strain is, but it has been IBl'd so maybe ill get lucky and find a nice male and female to get down. If not i got some Tom Hill X18 and Monkeyballs(Deep Chunk) that should breed nicely, i believe its an afghani the Xmas bud, so id like to hit it with some of Tom Hills oldschool indicas to keep it indica and ty and bring out those piney terps

P

Pete11

Christmas tree bud was around in the cooler months back in 90's then disappeared and I live in the deep south. I hope someone like mota finds and brings it back smells like a Christmas tree. Pine sap.
Respect
I have that strain, it was in oregon in the 90's. Haven't seen cuttings, seeds, or flower of it in 20+ years. A friend of the family that has this strain, finally hooked me up with 130 seeds. I want to breed this strain and make sure it's available for everyone. T & C NURSARY in oregon will be breeding this strain. The strain hunter.....

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Pine tar kush. Late 80s early 90s was floating around. Smelled like a pine tree had a sappy sticky piney touch to it. You could stick it to the wall come back the next day it would still be stuck to the wall. Smoked strong blew your sinuses out it was such a strong pine smoke. I miss it. But I finally found her she'll be done flowering in 6 weeks.

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone!

I'm new at this forum and this is my first post, but I too have been searching for that super sticky piney goodness of the 90's too, with no luck yet.

I grew up in the Chicago area, and right around 94-98 or so around every winter (November through December) we always had what was called Christmas buds. Just like everyone here so far has described it, I remember them being bright green with bright red hairs, super sticky where it was tough to even break up and sometimes would clog the metal hitter. The smell and taste were no mistake straight pine, like sucking on pine sap or chewing pine needles or something similar.. no other smell or flavor other than extremely strong pine....

I also remember there was a lot of lung expansion on the hit and it would leave you chocking almost like your lungs were covered in sap and 1 hit usually was more than enough to be set back, get a cheezy grin on your face and fell pretty buzzed. I do even remember it being slightly trippy where it would make you think you heard a noise or seen something move... but it could have been at that time I was still in HS and a newer smoker too...

Anyhow to this day I have asked around in numerous forums and still no luck finding it. I've been collecting some cultivars that have a lot of pine flavor in such as my ogiesel and trainwreck and gorilla glue 4, so hopeing to start breeding them soon and maybe get something close? who knows. but I wanted to add my story to the thread, and hopefully one day the mystery will emerge :)

Icemud

Icemud

Has anyone had any luck figuring out what christmas buds are? If so... any sources of beans or clones?

still have not found anything close lately....

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Have you looked at In The Pines?

I have a cut of In the Pines x C4 x Star dawg that is fantastically piney; the rosin is almost offensive, like Pine-sol. It's a sativa leaning cross by the look, very stringy and lanky. It's definitely not the same as the old school green pine weed, but it has the lineage in there somewhere-- like when you see the child of an actor you like in a movie; not quite the original, but worth a look.

Icemud

Icemud

Have you looked at In The Pines?

I have a cut of In the Pines x C4 x Star dawg that is fantastically piney; the rosin is almost offensive, like Pine-sol. It's a sativa leaning cross by the look, very stringy and lanky. It's definitely not the same as the old school green pine weed, but it has the lineage in there somewhere-- like when you see the child of an actor you like in a movie; not quite the original, but worth a look.
Sounds fantastic!

I'm trying a few combos with trainwreck and some og's that exhibited a heavy pine flavor/smell... having issues with Colloidal silver not giving me pollen, just sacks... so most likely will be moving to silver thiosulfate for my next breeding project...

Top Bottom